chapter 4

Harry's P.O.V

"No stop leave her alone!" I shouted as I tried to run towards Charlie, they were beating her alive and I couldn't get to her. For some reason my legs just wouldn't move no matter how hard I tried.

"Please! just stop! Charlie!" I was sobbing now. No one would turn around no matter how loud I screamed. I was breathing frantically still screaming. My voice felt raw.

All of a sudden they turned around but, they weren't what I was expecting. There faces were blank and, a word was written across them. Capitol.

It was like they were staring straight in my soul. Then all of a sudden they started coming towards me with there hands reaching out.

"NOOOOOO!"

I shot up startled in a cold sweat looking all around starting to panic, then I realised it was only a dream and calmed down a little bit.

Someone knocked on my door to tell me breakfast is ready and to start getting ready. Shaking off that awful dream I got out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom to shower so I can get this sweat off of me.

When I went inside the bathroom I almost lost my breath to how beautiful and extravagant it was. The whole bathroom was black marble, the sinks, the shower, the toilet, hell even the toilet paper was black. I didn't even know there was black toilet paper.

When I was done gawking over the bathroom I turned towards the shower, turned it on and hopped in.

As I was showering I couldn't help but, think if that dream meant something or not. I hope it doesn't because, I can't loose Charlie she means the world to me. I've never told anybody this but, I've liked her for a long time. Since I was 14 so three years to be exact.

I realised I liked her when we were running around the forest playing tag and she tripped on a rock and tumbled down a hill. When I got down to the bottom I was terrified because, she wasn't moving.

I kept calling and calling her name until she finally woke up. I was so relieved when I saw her eyes flutter and she looked up at me with those beautiful green orbs and smiled. That's what made me realise that this girl isn't going anywhere anytime soon. That one beautiful smile.

Her ankle ended up being sprained so I carried her the whole way home, telling her horrible jokes just to keep her calm and, to hear her joyous laugh. Ever since then I've made it my number one priority to keep her safe and, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Realising that I've been in the shower for a good 30 minutes I stepped out, dried off, wrapped a towel around my waist and, went into the room to put on my clothes. Since we're on a train and didn't exactly prepare for this they don't provide us clothes until we get to the Capitol, so we have to wear our clothes that we wore to the reaping.

Once I was finished getting changed and, brushed my teeth, I headed over to Charlie's room to see if she was awake and, sure enough like always she was dead asleep. She was always the sleeper in this duo.

I mean that girl can sleep through an earthquake. I say that because, she did and it was a pretty big one. That's why I like her, not because she can sleep through an earthquake, which isn't good but, because she's one of a kind.

Snapping out of my thoughts I walked over to her bed and gently lied down next to her and rubbed her waist softly so she could wake up.

"Charlie, it's time to wake up babe." I said softly in her ear. She stirred softly then turned around and dug her face into my neck and, moved her whole body closer to me and intertwined our legs so there was absolutely no space between us.

We cuddled like this all the time and, every time my heart raced and, my breathing goes short and, this intense feeling that runs through my whole body. It's not a bad feeling trust me, it's like a million butterflies in my stomach and, she's the only one that makes me feel this way. Cheesy I know.

I rest my head on top of hers and rub her back back in comforting circles. I feel her open her eyes on my neck.

"Mmm when did you get here?" she asked snuggling impossibly closer making my breath hitch. She smiles against my neck so, I know she heard it.

"I-I just got he-here." I stuttered nervously.

"Nervous Mr. Styles" she smirked against my neck and giggled.

'Always' I thought. She giggled.

"Crap did I say that out loud?" I asked embarrassed. I felt my face turn a deep shade of red. She laughed and, moved her head out of my neck to look at me.

" Don't worry I think it's cute and, for the record you make me nervous too" She winked then moved in close making me lose my breath and, kissed my cheek and smiled. She looked up and looked around her smile fading slowly.

"Hey what's wrong?" I nudged her

"This isn't a dream is it? We're really days away from fighting to our deaths?" she asked in a sad tone. My heart clenched.

"Afraid so babe. I'm so sorry but, know that I will do every thing in my power to get you out of there alive and, that's a promise." I said firmly yet softly looking her in the eye so she know I meant everything I said.

"Harry only one person comes out of there and, It's going to be you." She said frowning.

"Charlotte I mean it, when we get in that arena you better not risk your life to save mine. Got it?" I said using her full name getting a little angry that she would try and do something that dumb.

She didn't seem to get it because she sat up with an angry look.

"Don't tell me what to do. If I want to save you I will! I'm not going to let you die out there. I can't lose anyone else especially not you! I would never forgive myself if I did. You don't understand you mean the world to me! please don't go." When she finished she broke down sobbing.

Then I realised she had finally broke. All of my anger faded away and it turned into worry and love. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. Telling her that everything will be fine.

Then I thought about it, will everything be okay?