Returning

Life is painful and messed up

Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times and you have no idea what to do. Sometimes just thinking about it is enough to hurt you all over again. Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. The most painful goodbye is when your ears haven't heard it but your heart already feels it.

"Beatrice, good day, I hope." The familiar voice says over the phone.

"Cut it, Elijah. I came to Mystic Falls and apparently there's people trying to kill me and every other vampire in existence. Why did you send me here?" The tall, brunette vampire asks, snapping at the noble original.

"I've left town, Beatrice, perhaps you should too." Elijah says, before hanging up.

"Brilliant, you call me and tell me that you need my 'assistance' and then you make me drive all the way to this god foresaken town for nothing and now you hang up on me!" The vampire yells, slamming her phone into her leather pants' pocket and getting out of her car.

The blonde Original, Rebekah, looks down at a picture, choking on her tears. She throws the picture down and knocks the rest of them off the table in anger. Rebekah senses Damon Salvatore entering the mansion and says, "You should know better than to sneak up on a lady."

"Good advice. Have you seen one?" Damon looks around, pretending to search for a lady. Rebekah turns around and the blotchiness of her face is clearer now.

"Tragic about Elena. Not to make a grey cloud greyer, but does Matt even have automobile insurance?" Rebekah questions, turning away. Damon vampire speeds at her with the indestructible white oak stake, but another vampire runs in, grabbing at his wrist.

"You should know better than to stab someone in the back." Beatrice snarls, pushing him against some drawers.  Damon drops the stake in shock.

"Beatrice?" He gasps out, clinging onto her wrist as if to feel for anything.

"Hello husband." Beatrice smirks, trying to contain the anger for Stefan not telling her that he's alive. The smirk is wiped from her face when someone starts firing wooden bullets through the window. Beatrice is shot in the stomach and passes out from the vervain entering her system.

A black van is being escorted by two police cars; one in front and one in back. Inside the van, Beatrice wakes up and looks around. It's all dark, but she can make out two figures, one of them being Rebekah. Rebekah struggles to get out of the ropes tying her down but Beatrice merely sits, knowing that she won't be able to get out.

"Vervain ropes. Looks like Alaric outed us all to the Council." The unknown vampire sighs. 

"The Council? What exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah asks.

"I don't know, Rebekah, maybe they could kill you with that stake that Damon dropped on the floor." Beatrice remarks.

"Who are you?" The unknown vampire asks.