1863

"It's such a beautiful day, don't you think?" Beatrice asks, smiling happily as she looks out of the window

"The best we've had in quite a while. Why have you called me here, sister?" Johnathon asks, watching his sister intently.

"Damon is with his brother at the Salvatore Estate and so I thought I'd spend some time with my big brother. Is that such a crime, John?" Beatrice smiles innocently at her brother through the reflection in the window.

"There's always something you want, Beatrice. I'm surprise you've lasted this long without asking for something. What mess have you got yourself into?" Johnathon asks quietly.

"Quite the opposite actually. Walk with me, brother." Beatrice stands up and links her arm around her brother's, almost pulling him to the garden. "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?"

"You've already told me that, sister. Spit it out already. I'm bored." Johnathon yawns jokingly to make a point. Beatrice rolls her eyes and touches a lily.

"Technically, I said it was a beautiful day. Also, you get bored quite easily. And three, I am not a man, I will not 'spit it out'. Gosh, I hope your niece or nephew isn't this rude when they are born." 

"I do not get bored easil--wait, did you just say niece or nephew?" Johnathon gasps and Beatrice puts a hand to her stomach and nods happily.

"I don't know whether to be happy that my sister is going to bring a new generation of Gilbert-Salvatore's or angry that Damon impregnated my sister." Johnathon mutters and Beatrice giggles, lightly punching her brother on the arm. "When is this child to be born?"

"Well, we suspect February next year." Beatrice shrugs.

"Come, we should get you inside. You need plenty of rest." Johnathon decides and Beatrice groans.

"Why must you treat me fragile all of a sudden? Damon was just the same the other night. It is frustrating if I say so myself!"

Later that day, Beatrice sits in the study, awaiting for her husband's return. Suddenly, the door opens and Damon smiles, looking at his gorgeous wife. Beatrice stands up and meets him at the door, greeting him with a kiss. The girl wraps her arms around his neck and Damon smiles, kneeling down and kissing Beatrice's stomach.

"You are adorable, Damon." Beatrice laughs. "I hope our child inherits his father's gorgeous eyes...."

"Maybe." Damon smirks, kissing Beatrice for a second time. "There will be a girl coming soon. Her name is Katherine, I think. Her house was burnt to a crisp so father will be taking pity on her."