Chapter One

“No Silvie!” Logan exclaimed with laughter giving me a playful shove as the crowd of us walked home from school on the Thursday.

   By ‘the crowd’ I mean everyone, well, accept Sam, he doesn’t go to upper school yet. But since we all started going to Lansdale High, we all walked together. However, it was never planned, somehow, we all managed to catch up with each other, every single day.

   It’s not like I’d have no one to walk with though, because Jeremy and I always left the house together. It was odd that he did, well, I found it odd, but then again, he’s always been oddly protective and so would never let me leave alone. Most girls dream of an elder overprotective brother, and on some days, it’s good, on others, it just gets irritating.

   But now I think about it, I have a lot of guy friends, who are quite over protective. Firstly, there’s Logan, the one thing I remember most, is when I was seven and my ‘boyfriend’ of a week kissed another girl in the playground, despite being a year younger, Logan punched him and got a week worth of lunch time detentions. That, was how he became yet another brother figure, and of course, my best friend.

   Luke too, but then again, that’s just because he’s always round the house. Luke Tomlinson, is Jeremy’s best friend, so, when Jeremy’s not training to become the next best boxer, he and Luke spend time in his room playing X-box like it’s a religious cult. They invited me to play once, I messed up their game big time, so that was the only ever time I’d been in there with them.

   After Logan pushed me, I stumbled and tripped over my own feet, almost landing on my face, I found myself swaying sideways and leaning up against a brick wall.

   “Such a klutz.” Jeremy laughed pushing me forward whilst we laughed, a smile returned to my face as Maya put a hand around my arm and pulled me in step with her. I stuck my tongue out a Logan and he raised two fingers at me, Luke flicked Logan on the head.

   “Ow!” He cried putting two hands dramatically to his head.

   “You shouldn’t swear at a lady.” Luke said giving me a wink, I could feel my cheeks heat up, so I looked down at my feet, Maya squeezed my arm and we quickened our pace ending up at the very front.

   “How was your day?” She asked shooting me a smile, Maya looks a lot like her Dad, Niall. She’s blonde, blue eyed, and like her mum, long-legged.

   Maya and I are in most of the same classes at school, Will, her brother, too. But Maya and I much closer recently than we ever have been, however that may be because of me finding out about her long-lasting crush on my brother.

   “It wasn’t bad” I replied quickly, “How about yours?”

   “Ugh,” Maya breathed, “Well, you know that Mr Roberts? English teacher? The dickhead gave me two fucking afterschool’s-”

   “Maya!” Will called out from the back interrupting her, “Don’t swear!”
   Maya raised a finger whilst rolling her eyes, “Anyway, he gave me two afterschools for not handing in that essay. Can you believe it?! Can you fucking believe it?!”