Chapter 6: Collateral Damage / Popping The Question

(And Can we please just take a second to look at this really fucking cute pic?? This is why I'm a little spoon ;-;)

-Cameron-

"Ryan H Simmons, do you take this fur, Cameron S Kox, to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Cameron S Kox, do you take this fur, Ryan H Simmons to be your lawfully wedded Husband?"

"I-...I do.."

"I now pronounce you two, husband and husband. You may now..-"

"WAKE UP!!"

I squealed and fell on the floor, my fur standing on end. I quickly throw and throw a fist in a random direction, felling nothing connect. Suddenly, somebody wrapped their arms around my chest, holding down my arms

"Down, Down boy!" Ryan said, I froze as my senses returned to me. My face flushed and I had realized what happened. I cover my face with my paws, which was kind difficult since he was holding my arms against my chest.

"Good morning, Love." Ryan said, a little too happily.

"Fuck you..." I mumbled and he chuckled. That's when I smelled something in the air... pancakes..

"Pancakes?" I asked.

"Waffles"

"Close enough!" I said and smiled up at him. He let go and sighed. That's when I turned and punched him in the gut. Hard, but not lethal. But when my fist connected, all  I felt was hard abs. He smirked and my ears dropped as I blushed. I didn't expect someone who works at a StarBucks to rock this much muscle.

"surprised, huh?" he said and I nodded. He chuckled.

"well, I HAVE been slacking off lately. Want to come work out with me?" he asked. I hesitated.

"well... If you can't tell, I'm not exactly a body builder." I said. He smiled And put an arm around my neck.

"all I need is your company, mate." he said. And all I could do was smile.

-45 minutes later-

"Ryan! How does the running thingy work?"

"... the... treadmill?"

"Yea!"

He sighed. Then he Walked up and pressed a few buttons. Suddenly, the belt started moving at a walking pace.

"Press THIS button to increase speed. Press THIS one to slow down, keep pressing it to stop." He said. I embarrassingly smiled and nodded, thanking him.

"No prob. Have fun." He said. He leaned in and casually kissed my cheek, walking back to the bench press. My face heated up, but I was too nervous to look around and see if anyfur saw that. So I just clicked the button a few times and started my run.

About 15 minutes went by and I was starting to work up a sweat. It's been about 4-5 days since I ran even a little, and it SUCKS. I had my earbuds in both ears, so I couldn't hear anything except for the music, and my own breathing. Suddenly, I heard faint beeps escaping past my earbuds. Before I could look down to see a paw on the control panel, the belt increases dramatically. I see Ryan smirking next to me a split second before My feet trip up, and I knew the end was imminent.

My jaw hit the belt, but before I could get a chance to react, my entire body rushed backwards, and I was thrown off the treadmill, I rolled and eventually stopped in my back. Staring up at the ceiling lights to understand what the fuck just happened.