Prologue

Once upon a time in the land far Off. A land filled Chrystal roses, emerald leaves on tall trees and rivers of honey and gold. In that land full of riches and treasures stood a menacing, huge, majestic, tall castle. It was no doubt the envy of every King and lord of the Land...but looks are deceiving. They fool the mind of those with vulnerable eyes.

Inside of the castle, lived a princess. She was a great beauty. Her looks caught the eye of many men and she enjoyed the courting of the gentlemen who attended her lavish balls.

However, This beauty had a stone, cold heart. A heart of pure ice. No light could penetrate it. No, inside of that princess- was a beast! She'd often beat her servants , demanded the only finest of things and was horrendously arrogant.

One night during a terribly, cold blizzard, a knock was placed on the front doors of the palace. Interested, the Princess herself came to the door and opened it, only to find a haggard old woman with her hands tucked into the sleeves of her oversized, black cloak.

The old woman was appalling . Huge sagging cheeks hung from her face like squishy meats, 3 worts on the tip of her crooked nose , she was as bony and scrawny as a sick deer, and her voice...sounded like the she devil herself.

" My dear princes," the old beggar women said raspy, " would you be so kind as for me to stay in you castle for one night so that I may avoid this dreadful storm."

The princess looked down at her and laughed shrilly. Her voice now colder than the snow that fell from above. " What could a poor, diseased, ugly tramp like you , has to offer to a princess like me!?" She snarled.

The old women smiled from underneath her hood. She reached in from under her sleeves and pulled out a single rose.

The princess, repulsed at the old woman's haggard appearance, sneered at the gift and ordered her to turn away.

" Oh but wait! " the old woman warned," for you should not be deceived by mere appearances."

The princess than again yelled at the old woman to be gone.

Suddenly there a blinding light and before the princess, stood a gorgeous, majestic, Angel-like enchantress.

Realizing what she had just put herself into, the princess fell to her knees and begged for the forgiveness of the enchantress. But it was too late. The enchantress already could see that there was no love in the princess's heart.

As punishment, the enchantress placed a curse on the princess, turning her into a hideous beast, and everyone else at the castle under a spell.

Ashamed of her appearance, the princess was confined to her room, isolated from the rest of the world. The rose she had turned down was now under a spell. The enchantress said, " the spell will only break if one should fall in love with someone such as you and you loved them back. If not, you will be a beast forever! And it must be done before the rose dies! Of not, you will be forever accursed!"

Though , mind you, the enchantress did have a heart which held pity for the poor princess. As part of her condolences, the enchantress blessed the beast with an enchanted mirror. When she says, the mirror will let the beast see anyone or anything of the outside world.

But, what was the point? The princess , once youthful and beautiful, was now a monster and ugly. She cried in despair saying, " For whom could ever love a beast?!"

" The End!" Old Alice clapped her hands together and laughed. " How was that my son? Did you enjoy the story? "

Beau smiled at his mother with his warm eyes. " Yes, mama, I enjoyed it very much." He turned his head to look out the window. Snow was beginning to fall in their village. The street lamps were lot and everyone had gone to bed. The moon hid behind the clouds.

" Mother?"

" What is it Beau?"

" Do...you...do you think the story you spoke of is true?"

Alice stop to stare at him for a long time. Beau shifted uncomfortably in his chair and a blush rose from his cheeks. Alice raised her brow and her lips curled into a huge smile and she began laughing again. " Oh my dear boy, always got your head in those fairytales, don't you?"

Beau held his breath. He laughed quietly. " Yes...I suppose I am a fool."