Chapter 3

Chapter 3: "Thanks for the Advice."

My day went by pretty uneventful until lunch time. Second and third hour I did nothing but think about everything. Ugh, seriously I wish I was single and friendless. Actually though, I take that back because I would pretty upset if that happened. At lunch I didn't sit where Carson and I usually sat, luckily Ari had second lunch so I didn't have to worry about him right now. But he was in my fifth hour. I went and sat a few tables down by myself and hoped Carson would come sit by me and talk to me first. Gosh, I was such a baby. I heard someone sit down by me, actually I take that back, multiple someones sit by me. I wasn't going to look up but I heard the most annoying voice ever. That annoying voice belonged to the most annoying girl I know.

"So Parker, tell me. Are you with Ari or Carson, because whichever one you keep single I'll scoop right up." I rolled my eyes and looked at the person talking to me. Sure enough it was Alexa and her little group of friends.

"I am with Carson. And I don't think Ari wants you. If he wanted a bitch he would get a dog."

"What did you just say Anderson?" I kinda laughed at myself, that was a little humorous.

"You heard me. Don't make me repeat myself. Now get out of here. And one more thing before you go, neither Carson or Ari would want you. Single or not. Bye Alexa." I watched as she walked away, but before she was out of sight she flipped me the bird. Oh so offensive. She was so pathetic. Alexa used to date Carson, but like in 9th and 10th grade, then she cheated on him with his best friend, well.. ex best friend. I was kind of the lost chick with two friends, but he messaged me on facebook when he found my homework in the hallway and I guess we just kind of clicked. From there on we would talk everyday, not in person, but on Facebook and then he gave me his number. Eventually we would say hi to eachother in the hallway. Soon he started eating lunch with me and we would hang out after school. He then asked me to be his girlfriend, and from there on we just kinda stuck. But when I gained a boyfriend, I also gained a new enemy. Alexa claimed to still 'love' Carson, but everyone just laughed at that.

"What did she want?" I felt so relieved to hear Carson's voice.

"Nothing, just wondering if you were single. Again." I felt Carson move closer to me. I almost forgot for a second we were supposed to be mad at eachother. If Carson was willing to just forget it and drop it so was I.

"Nah, I'll never be single as long as you stick around." I looked up at Carson and stared into his brown eyes. He could not compare to anyone really... I mean except Ari. Gosh, ever since I almost kissed him I can't stop thinking about him and comparing him and Carson all the time! I really regret making a move on Ari, but something inside of me almost doesn't regret anything. I looked away from Carson feeling guilty for thinking about Ari like that with Carson right there next to me. If he could read minds we would have broken up right then and there. I just know it.

"What's wrong?" Carson could tell something was up. He always knew me before I knew me. I swear.

"Nothing, just a little disappointed I didn't pack a lunch today. This school food is gross." Carson must've been a little tense because after I gave him that poor excuse I felt his body loosen up a bit. For a second I wondered if there was something wrong with him, I guess I never asked him. I was always just thinking about my  problems, that was so like me so selfish.

"Is everything alright with you? You don't seem so umm you lately?" Carson kinda just looked up at me, he had a smile on his face but his eyes looked sad.

"No, yeah, no. I am fine."

"Please don't lie to me Carson, if something is wrong I can help and try to fix it. But if you don't tell me what is wrong I can't do anything to try to change it. You know this because you tell me it all the time."