Chapter 3: Welcome to Central (Part 2)

Ryan was looking around the cafeteria when Andy walked in. He seemed to brighten up when he saw her approaching.

“Hey! Kennedy!!” She walked over to the table. Ryan, Rachel, Leo, Luke, and Alyssa siting down at the table, along with another girl.

 She had light blonde hair, and nice brown eyes. Her hair was curly and loose around her shoulder. The tips of her hair had different colors on it, it looked like paint. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, with black Uggs, and a white T-shirt with paint blotches spread over it. From one look at her you would tell she was a painter. She was texting furiously on her phone when Andy headed over. Her frown changed to a bright smile when she saw Andy coming over. She jumped up and headed over to Andy, leaving her vibrating phone on the table.

“Hey! You must be Kennedy! I’m Maya! Ryan’s told me so much about you!” A slightly blushing Ryan pulled Maya back. He coughed awkwardly.

“I didn’t say that much…” He mumbled scratching the back of his head. She smiled and sat down between Ryan and Rachel, who was sitting next to Leo. Across from them sat Alyssa, Luke and Maya.

“So Kennedy how’s you’re first day going so far?” Andy nodded.

“It’s going well! Nice to have someone show me around.” Maya smiled.

“So I heard you have history with-“ ‘Skater Boi’ by Avril Lavinge cut her off. Her cell phone was buzzing. Maya picked up her phone and made a annoyed face. She clicked the ‘end’ button, and set down her phone. Andy frowned at it.

“You’re not goanna get that?” Maya shook her head.

“No, just my sister! Trust me no big deal!” Andy frowned, then looked over to Luke, and mouthed ‘Witch’? He smiled and nodded. She gave a small nod after, still confused about that situation.

The rest of lunch was spent chatting, and getting to know her new ‘friends’ more. She found out that Leo was not only funny, but also incredibly smart, more than he seemed in class. She also found out what else she had in common with Rachel. They both loved reading, they both were quiet, but funny, and they both loved all the same authors. When the bell rang for 3rd period Andy was almost disappointed, almost, when they parted ways. Ryan, along with Rachel, and Alyssa, waved as they headed down the hall the opposite way. They had all stopped at their lockers to grab their books, and then met in the joining hallway where the two different hallways were.

“It sucks that we only have one class together! If only you had art with me! That would be awesome!!” Maya started sprouting off when they reached the small class and sat down. Andy smiled.

“How long have you been painting Maya?” She shrugged.

“A long time! I’ve loved painting and sketching ever since I was 12.” Andy nodded. Her curiosity taking over she leaned forward again.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the problem with you and your sister?” Maya shook her head.

“I don’t care, the main issue with me and my sister is, let’s see… she’s a witch.” Andy pulled back. Witch as in literal witch, with brooms and potion, or witch as in mean and rude?

“You see, ever since my sister and I were kids we were each other’s best friend. But when we got older, she started gearing towards painting her face, and I got into painting canvases.  When we finally got into high school, she was the cool stylish one, and I was the geeky painter who wore paint stained clothes.” Andy nodded, feeling sorry for the two sisters.