Chapter 3:

I went to the Libraray afterschool to get a head start on learning some facts about the world. We were going to travel it all someday, after all. I saw Derek, one of my senior friends, reading a book like usual. As i walked in, he glanced at me . "Hey Katherine," he moved over and left me an open spot to sit. I took a deep breath and sat next to him. "Hey Derek. What are you doing?" He smiled, and showed me an encyclopedia, "travelling the world, what else?" he smirked. I smiled and got out a small notepad, filled of my everyday short sayings and jotted down his quote. Derek always made me feel better. He had this feel to him, this nice, warm, welcoming feel he'd strike me with, everytime we were together. I was talking about our plan afterschool, when i heard a scream from the halls. I stood up and ran out. I saw a girl crying on the floor. Derek and i ran over to her, scared out of out minds. "Are you okay?!" I said, lifting her chin. She had red puffy eyes and held up her arm. It was a cut that went down all the way, and it looked very deep. Derek picked her up and rushed her to the nurse's office, as the principal, dean, and the assistant principal rushed over. Prying eyes from nearby students were all over. The principal looked at me, "What happened here?" he muttered something to the assistant princiapl. I shook my head and stepped back, " I-I dont know... I heard a scream from the library, so me and my friend rushed over to find a girl with a deep cut running down her arm." My news seemed to scare the dean. He gave me a dangerous look and rushed off the the nurse's office. The principal shouted at the students, and they all dissapeared. He told me to go back to class, so i went back into the library. I caught a glance of Tony, standing behind a tall bookshelf. I made my way to him quietly, and gave him a tap on the shoulder. He jumped and turned around, "what?!" his face was pale, as if someone had thrown a bucket of white paint onto him. "Tony, do you know what's going on?" I snapped.

        He shook his head. "No, i dont... but the scream sure scared me..." I nodded, agreeing. Something was very wrong, i thought. However, the girl could've just cut herself, but it sounded most unlikely. Derek walked back in, panting heavily. Tony and I joined him. "Well? is she okay?" Worry filled my voice. Derek shook his head, "No, she's losing blood quick. The authorities keep asking her what happened, but she wont say anything. She's in pure shock. she keeps mumbling something in this crazy weird language." Tony cracked up, and we both gave him a warning look. He shut up, and i turned my attention back to Derek. "Something isn't right... do you think she cut herself on accident?" I thought of the possibilities. Derek shook his head, "no, she doesnt have any sharp objects on her, Authorities assume someone did it to her... but who..." Tony butted in. "Did they check the security camera's?" Derek nodded. "They see a blur of black and red, they cant catch any faces, they can barely make out the body." I was in shock, and by the look on Tony and Derek's face, im sure they were too.