Chapter 1

My body ached, with every joint stabbing at me like some sort of dagger. I was yet to open my eyes but even so, I could tell I was in some sort of...some sort of...what's the word?

Forest? Jungle?

And then another thought hit me.

I had no memories – I had been wiped clean.

I was more baffled at that in a sense at how was it possible? I had too many questions and upon hearing voices, I let out a stifled groan.

"It's...a girl."

"I can see it's a girl."

"Why would Pan bring a girl?"

"Maybe it was the shadow?"

"This doesn't make any sense."

"What if she has the heart –"

"Enough!"

The ending voice brought the chattering boys to a mute and I heard feet scattering as I gradually opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was the moon above, surrounded by dancing stars, twinkling in the dark blue sky like fallen coins in a fountain. I was entranced by the darkness mixed with the light, the pure of heart and it seemed to resonate my future right there and then, as I laid there in a desolate place.

"Do you remember anything?"

It was the same name who had quietened the boys and my eyes painfully pulled away from the sky, locking eyes with those terrifying blue eyes of a beast. The boy had a scar that travelled down the side of his face, blonde hair that had turned into nothing but dirty, knotty curls and a long, pointy face that could cut. Swallowing down the lump in my throat, I shook my head, moving upwards into a sitting position. Despite how much it pained to move, I could tell from the single boy alone that this was not a place to show pain...or fear.

"Not even a name?"

I shook my head again, not hesitating to drop my gaze from his. I couldn't stand to hold my eyes upon his any longer, or I felt as if my soul would shatter.

"Take her to camp," the boy ordered and suddenly, two boys grabbed a hold of my arms. I yelped out an "oi" but of course, it did nothing and it wasn't worth fighting. I simply lowered my head as my feet began to trail behind the obvious leader, trapped between two minions.

The wind blew coolly, occasionally sending chills down my spine. But in an odd sense, it was refreshing: I had expected humid temperatures, bringing undesired sweat and a reddened face.

I was distinctively in some sort of forest, that was for sure, but where? I didn't know and I didn't intend to find out soon. I preferred to know who I was dealing with rather than the where part. The boys trudged me along in silence and I glanced at one of the boy's holding my arm. His gaze was fixated on the path before me and had a mass of blonde, curly hair, similar to the other boy who rose my fear in a peculiar way. The other boy, on my right, had jet-black hair and a similar skin tone to myself: pale and unscathed. In the darkness of the forest, I couldn't quite pick up his eye colour, or any other specialty feature like a scar or freckles. Sighing, I knew why I was so peculiar towards where and who.

I was distracting myself from...myself.

Who was I? Where had I come from? What was my past? Was it important? There were all these questions thirsted for an answer but somehow, I knew I wouldn't find out.

They had been taken for a reason.

+++

I was brought into a camp-like premises: there were logs surrounding a fire but...that wasn't what grabbed my attention. It was the weaponry stalls, the practice dummies cluttered into the corner, the cage that hung upon a tree. No, not a bird cage – an empty human cage.