Chapter 3

Jade.

Its almost seven o'clock and I swear I am freaking out right now. I was feeling kinda off this morning. My first day technicaly as a new boss and I'm the one that's freaking out.

I was gonna try to clean up a little bit, so the girl, I mean so Perrie wouldn't think I was that's much of slob.

I mean, its not that bad, but its pretty bad. Its her first day and I've already got a whole list of things for Perrie to do, I don't want to be a boss that she hates, but I also don't want to be a boss that she can take advantage of.

I got ahold of Perries phone number once I got home, sent her my address and told her what she's allowed to bring while staying in my home. I don't want her bringing her hippie stuff into my home, to be quite truthful.

She's probably expecting an already clean house, put together, full of food and just everything neat home, as if she'll barely have to do anything, but I live like my brother honestly.

I place my hands on my hips and sigh. Maybe I shouldn't be embarrassed though, I mean this is her job now, I'm giving her something to do. I'm probably the nicest person, anybody would be lucky to work for someone like me.

I'm forced out of my thoughts when I hear the door bell ring, followed by a knock.

"Oh dear god." I say to myself as I flatten my dress and push some hair back and tighten my pony tale. I clear my throat and casually walk to the door. I could see Perrie standing there looking around through the glass door.

"Ms. Edwards, good morning, how are you?" I ask. She just smiles at me and steps inside. I stumble a little to the side as she looks at my house. I haven't even fully invited her in.

"Woeeeeee, you're house is rad." She says

"Excuse me?" I ask confused.

"Oh, I mean its very beautiful, I can't wait to start cleaning it." She laughs. "Well that's not something people say in a casual conversation."

I sigh and pull her bag inside, its more big and heavier than I expected it to be, I just hope she followed my request. "Because, this is not a casual conversation, Ms. Edwards."

"That's what they call my mum, call me Perrie." She shrugs and takes her bag out of my hands as if its made of nothing.

"I'd really prefer Ms. Edwards as well as you calling me Ms. Thirlwall, do we understand?"

"Yes Ms. Thirlwall."

"Good." I smile. I feel great being in charge. I lead Perrie with me into the kitchen and she looks around. I felt a little embarrassed by my kitchen, but its not going to be like this forever.

"Okay, now I've gathered up a list of things for you to do today but, before I give you what you're yo complete for the day, I want to give you some rules." I say as I take the paper the way on the counter and hand it over to her. She looks down at it and kinda chuckles.

"You serious?" She asks.

"I am a serious person Ms. Edwards." I say and hold up my copy as well.

"This is my home and I expect respect in it, which is the golden rule." I smile. "Rule one, you will wake every morning at six am sharp-"

"That's okay, I wake up at five, every morning, I like to work out, ya know go for a little run or something." I just stare at her and clear my throat.

"Okay that's nice, now i'm just going to read the list so keep up okay." I say and she nods her head. "Everything must be finished by five, completing a ten hour shift, you must do everything on the list I give you for the day and beyond if necessary, if you finish everything early please let me know, only use cleaning supplies I request you to use, I have a list of those cleaning supplies on the back. Your curfew is ten o'clock, lights are out, no TV, no loud music, no talking on the phone, unless urgent, no late night showers, no midnight snacks. Let's see you're off days will be Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, Fridays you'll only work until two pm, I am not paying you by the hour either, just know that because you have agreed to work for me in my home, I will not give you a disappointing check, this might take a lot but, I'm glad you stepped up, any questions?"

I put my paper down and smile up at her happily. Her face is still fixed on the paper. I know she probably has some concerns.

"Any questions...at all?" I ask. She just looks at the paper and shakes her head. She folds the paper up and puts it in her back pocket.

"I won't question your authority." She shrugs. I just smile.

"Great, let me show you to your room."

We make our way through the house and I make sure to show her where everything is, such as the bathroom, my room, my office, and the laundry room. My home isn't huge, but it is roomy.

"This is your bedroom, try to make it as comfortable to you as you can, without ruining it of course, Ms. Edwards, and on your bed I've placed some aprons and a pair of nonslip shoes, I just kinda guessed your shoe size so, I hope they fit, if not let me know and ill order you a new pair asap."

"Thanks, that's pretty cool of you to do." She says entering her bedroom all the way and taking a seat on her bed.

"Your list is on the bed as well, I will post your work list everyday on your bedroom door, oh and don't worry too much about cleaning my office, I'll be in there most time and its probably my only area I have in this house that's....... Well organized."

"Yes mam." Perrie smiles.

"Well, get to it." I say as I close the door and make my way to my office. I smile as I enter and close the door behind me.

That wasn't too bad, she listens, she didn't question anything and so far maybe she won't be that bad, she's still an annoying little thigh though.

I take a seat at my desk and open up my laptop, now this is probably the most stressful part of the day.

I've got just about the rest of this month up until the end of next month to write a new column I don't know how this is going to play out, I have no source of inspiration.

I sigh to myself as I lay my head down on my desk and close my eyes. I'm tired, my job has done nothing but stress me out these days.

I jump up, hearing a knock on my office door. I groan in the inside and get up making my way to the door.

"Yes Ms. Edwards?"

"Look the shoes fit, you've got a mean guessing skill." She laughs and I just stand there staring at her. She had on one of the aprons and her hair was now tied up in bun with a brown knatted up bandana tied around her head. I mean, a bun looks better on her, her facial stricture is nice, the bandana really clashes in my opinion, but I won't speak on it.

"Any thing else?" I ask.

"Well.......I was just downstairs in the kitchen, I thought I would make you some breakfast because you're looking tired this morning."

"I'm fine."

"Oh okay, well I was going through your cabinets and your fridge and you have no food, I mean zero, Nada, nothin-"

"I get it." I say growing annoyed. I mean I'm aware that I have no food in the house, and I don't like the way she is addressing it to me, like I don't know.

"Well on the lists it says that I have to go grocery shopping last, but I wanted to know of I could go now, just so the food is there like if you get hungry, I could cook something up for ya."

"That's flattering and all, but I don't need you to cook for me Ms. Edwards, its not in your job description." I say getting ready to close the door.

"But the rules do say do what's on the list and beyond if necessary, so I am allowed to, by your word." I can just feel the smirk on her face

I bite my tongue and take a deep breath. I can't lie I'm impressed she remember that already, but I'm really not worried about food. I mean eating out isn't that bad. I'm always busy, so I don't mind quick things like sandwiches or pizza rolls I can pop in the microwave as well.

"Okay do what you feel, as long as everything I need done on that list is done, the grocery money is on top of the fridge in the envelope, do you need me to call you a cab?" I ask

"I have a car Ms. Thirlwall." She chucked as she turns on her heels and heads down the hallway. I shake my head and close the door, locking it behind me.

I take a seat at my desk once again and lay my head down.

I just want to sleep. I can't wait until this column is done so I can just stress over the next one.