Chapter 4

It's strange. I told Dandy I would like to be his friend and he was thrilled by the idea, but I haven't seen him in weeks. I don't know what he's up to but I hope he's alright. However it's Halloween day and the plans I made for tonight have been canceled because of that killer clown. 

I'm enjoying a hot shower when I hear someone banding on the door. I don't feel like entertaining any guests so I try to ignore it but it just keeps getting louder. I step out in defeat and put on a towel. Upon answering the door I see Dandy, who seems a little frustrated. When he sees that I'm only wearing a towel his eyes can't seem to help but drift downward. Before I can respond to this he pushes his way into the room. "You're joining me tonight so you can just come with me now. Better yet, you'll move in with us right now!"

"Dandy what are yo-" I'm cut of by his still slightly frustrated sigh

"No time for questions! We have to see what mother got me as a costume. Let's go! I'll let the front desk know you're coming with me, go start the car." He hands me the keys

I realize that trying to protest will not change the outcome of the current situation so I just do as he says. I get disgusted and lustful stares from the people outside as I'm looking for Dandy's car in a thin towel. I find it and start the engine, as I do Dandy comes out with my two bags of luggage. He throws it in the truck and after he gets in the drivers seat he speeds off.

"So where's the fire?"

"I just want you to be there when I open my costume, you're very important to me that's all."

We pull into his driveway and make our way up the stairs. Upon entering the house his mother comes in the room happy to see he's home. "Oh Dandy you're back in time to open you're present. Guess who I am sweetie!" she says spinning around in her costume. Only then does she notice me behind him and her face drops. She's clearly confused and slightly offended, "Um dear where are your clothes?" 

  "Move mother! You're Doris Duke. Again." He huffed while opening up a box wrapped in white wrapping paper with a red ribbon.  

"Oh I'm sorry, they're in these bags. Dandy just picked me up from my hotel and said I can stay here, but I was in the shower when he came." I tell her sheepishly while Dandy tears through the wrapping paper. He held the cloth in his hand and his face twisted into a look of disgust. "Howdey Doody?" He spat, "HOWDY DOODY!" He yelled throwing a tantrum. At this point the room is chaotic with Dandy smashing plates, Gloria trying to console him, and their maid threatening Dandy. I stand in the corner of the room shocked, it goes on for a few minutes but I gather myself and decide enough is enough.

"DANDY MOTT! You will behave yourself this instant!" I silence the room with this outburst while walking towards him. Everyone is looking at me shocked and I take this moment to get him out of there. "I'd like to excuse Dandy and myself. We will be in the playroom if you need us." I say to the ladies politely before grabbing Dandy by the ear and dragging him upstairs, leaving them with shocked faces.

Once in the playroom I scold Dandy and make him sit on a nearby chair. "How dare you talk to your mother that way." 

"I hate her, I hate Howdy Doody, and I hate Halloween. It's ruined." he growls crossing his arms

"You could've at least said thank you in stead of what you did. You don't have to be Howdy Doody we can make something else."

"Like what?" He huffs angrily while slouching back in the chair

"Anything. A cowboy, a monster, or even a clown. It won't take too long to put together." his eyes light up and he begins to smile again. 

"(Y/N) you're right! I can be a clown like my friend. We must start right away, we'll use mothers drapes to make the costumes." He smiles while getting up from his chair. He hugs me tightly and the leans down to kiss me. "Dandy." I gasp forgetting that I' only in a towel.  As Dandy releases me from his embrace my towel falls off. I'm too shocked to do anything right away, Dandy just looks at me. After a moment he licks his lips and slowly kneels on the ground and I on't know what to expect. He simply picks up my towel and stands to his feet, inches from my face. "You dropped this." he holds the towel up.

"Oh really? I didn't notice." I say flustered. Dandy eyes my body while slowly wrapping the towel around me. "I'll get you some clothes before we start our costumes." he smiles before leaving the room.