Chapter 6

The next morning I wake up to screaming. I step out of my room and can hear Gloria yelling at Dandy. "What have you done!"
"Mother she was saying awful things to me!" He cried
"Like all of your mistakes I have to clean this up!"
"I'll help! We can dig a whole in the backyard!" He pleaded but it didn't sound like Gloria cared,
"Go to your room! I don't want to see your face for the rest of the day!" As she said this I ran back to my room and pretended to be asleep. What did he do?
I heard someone enter my room, "Hey, are you awake (y/n)?" It was Dandy. When I didn't reply he got in to the bed and laid beside me. He put an arm over me and soon after I could tell he was asleep. I didn't dare move so I closed my eyes and drifted off.

When I woke up again it was early evening and the house was quiet. I got ready and left my room to find that the house was empty. I checked Dandys room and downstairs but I couldn't even find the maid. I went out to the backyard and saw Dandy and his mother talking in the distance while throwing what I assume to be seeds in the ground. I didn't want to disturb them so I went back to my room and found a book to read while I waited.
"(y/n) dear, there is a gentleman here to see you."
I look up and see Gloria is in the doorway. I got up from the bed and went downstairs with her. I take one step into the dining room and stop, he found me. "Baby! I've been looking everywhere for you. I mean you left without a word, it was a bitch to track you down."
"What are you doing here?" I hissed. Dandy was also in the room and had an unhappy look on his face.
"Well you're my fiance and I'm worried about you."
"Go to hell!" I yelled before leaving the room. I ran up the stairs and heard someone behind me, I looked back and saw Dandy. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his room. "Who is that?" He crossed his arms, demanding an answer.
"My fiance, I came here because I can't be with him." I looked at the floor as I answered and could feel Dandys eyes burning into me.
"Why? You lied to me, I thought I could trust you." His voice was cracking, "I'm sorry, I thought I could run away from him. I didn't think he'd find me. He doesn't love me, he just wants my fathers money. He's been cheating on me with a man from his job. I heard them talking one night in his office, he's gonna marry me and after a few months he planned on killing me. I didn't know what to do so I ran." I told Dandy everything. He was quiet so I looked up and saw he was smiling. "Is that all? I thought it was serious. I also thought you were poor." He laughed
"Dandy!" I was hurt by his reaction and turned to leave the room but he grabbed my arm. "Wait, I didn't mean to laugh. I'll tell you a secret too if it makes you feel better." He begged, I turned around and nodded. "I killed Dora." He smiled while he told me this, "There won't be anymore secrets between us from now on, okay?" I nodded again but I wasn't able to do much else. He was a murderer, but I'm still attracted to him. I really shouldn't be here, but I have no where else to go. Dandy pulled me over too a couch that faced a small stage. "I'll put on a puppet show to make you feel better." He beamed. He doesn't seem like a killer, it was probably an accident.
I'll be fine.