Story 13: 50 years later

The long life of Monsters was more of a curse.
While the monsters stayed young, the humans around them continued to grow older. It was especially hard when the humans and monsters married and produced children.
The child would be born with the normal human aging process...
At first.
When they begin to develop into adulthood, they begin to become more like their monster parent genetically. They begin to notice that they have certain powers, some amazing, others rather strange.
They also begging to notice that they age much more slowly than their human parent.
That is why Frisk, now 75, claps with her aged hands and smiling a wrinkled smile as her daughter, 14 in monster age, is bowing down in front of everyone as the play ends. Macey loved acting, so she joined the acting group of the monster school.
It wasn't because of racial prejudice that there was a monster school, it is just that they are transferred to a monster school for learning reasons, so they are not stuck learning the same thing for many years. So when they reach the age of twelve, usually when people and monsters begin to "grow up," they are transferred.
Macey was in her 3rd year in monster school, and she was already getting all of the lead roles in her acting group. She had a love for acting out stories. When she was younger she would pretend she was Uncle Sans, solving all of the Ground's problems. Or that she was Mettaton, dancing her way into people's hearts.
Today she was pretending to be Helena from a Midsummer Nights Dream, doing so well one would think that she actually loved the boy who played Demetrius.
However, as soon as she was off the stage, she became her old happy self again, joking with her friends and congratulating the director for his hard work.
Sans and Frisk were waiting outside for Macey.
Due to it being fall, it was much colder in the night than it was in the day.
"Dear, the wind seems to go straight through me." Frisk said to pass the time. Age had made her once smooth and airy voice wither down to the sound of two pebbles being rubbed together.
Sans, without thought, took off his jacket and wrapped it around Frisk like he had done so many times. She thanked him and clutched at the worn edges of fabric with shaking hands.
"No problem. After all, your chilled to the bone."
Frisk laughed at this, and waited with now a smile on her lips as Macey walked out of the studio. She looked at them with a face removed of makeup, revealing her naturally beautiful self, and gently hugged her mother and tackled Sans.
"Good job, kid."
"You did amazing, sweetheart."
Macey felt so excited at hearing these words, and began to chatter on about the play, such as 'Julie almost messed up her lines, but she quickly improved them and it ended up sounding better,' or 'when Ben fell that time was comedic improv, we didn't mean for that to happen but I'm glad it did.'
And so she talked on with Sans and Frisk by her side, listening and occasionally throwing in a "really?" or "amazing." Or for Sans, just "cool."
It wasn't a long walk to Frisk and Macey's car, which was Macey's birthday present for getting her learners permit (Frisk couldn't wait for her full fledged drivers license).
"Welp, I guess I'll take a shortcut back to my place. I have a day off tomorrow, and I need to be as prepared as possible for such a hard day." Sans said. Frisk just chuckled as Macey hopped into the drivers seat with giddiness.
Sans felt a twinge in his chest, a feeling he hadn't felt in a while. He leaned down and gave Frisk a platonic kiss on the forehead.
"Age has made you shorter than me."
"Goodbye, Sans, have a nice day." Frisk said with another chuckle.
"Bye."
Sans turned and walked away, his feet dragging on the concrete as he tried to break in the new sneakers Frisk surprised him with for his birthday.
Everything had been going really well for Sans. He found a way to conserve energy by using magic instead of fuel, his brother was doing just fine with his policeman job, Alphys and Undyine were doing good as well, etc.
Even Asriel JR. was well, his high school graduation coming sooner than the skeleton would think.
"Well, life is good." Sans said to no one.
But it wouldn't stay that way.
Sans was broken from his thoughts by a scream.
Macy's scream.
Sans quickly began to run back towards the car, fearing that something might have happened to Macey or Frisk or both.
His fear made him forget about his teleport, and when he was in the parking lot, he was out of breath. But he kept running.
When he reached the car, he saw Macey sitting on the ground over a figure clutching her chest.
It didn't take Sans long enough to find out it was Frisk.