Chapter 3

The Baby- A Sequel to The Bridesmaid

Chapter 3

FINN

                I rolled onto my side of the bed, panting. The girl next to me lay silently satisfied. I didn’t remember her name, but I didn’t feel bad about it. Looking over at her, I realized that she wasn’t near as good looking as I thought she was last night at the bar. But, then again, anyone looks like a supermodel after you’ve thrown down with some Jack Daniels in the middle of the night.

                “Baby, that was amazing,” the girl sighed. She tried to rub my back seductively.

                “I’m not your baby,” I said, pushing her hand away. She let out a tiny squeak, shocked at my dismissal. “You need to leave. I’ve got crap to do and you’re in my way.”

                “Fine!” She screamed at me, gathering her clothes, “I didn’t realize you were such a douche bag!”

                “Ha,” I laughed dryly. I got in the shower and by the time I was out, she was gone. I had been in a crappy mood for months. Ever since the breakup, I didn’t get excited about anything. I was floating through life, not really feeling anything. Anything except anger, that is. I couldn’t believe Jane left me like that. I remembered that night clearly.

                I had gotten home from a stressful day at work. The last thing I needed was her lecturing me. She was such a good person, that whatever she did, she made me feel bad about myself, like I was some crappy person who never did the right thing. That’s why I got so mad when she talked to me about drinking. She made me feel bad about myself when I was already having a bad day. I probably should have just talked to her about it, but I just had all this anger built up inside of me like steam. It’s too bad I let it all out on her. I didn’t feel bad about it at the time, though. I was so mad I left for the club to go drink some more. I needed to forget. I was so drunk and these two girls were all over me. I wanted to feel loved and wanted. They wanted me so I wanted them. I don’t know how Jane found out about the girls, but I knew everything was over when I walked back into the house that night. I’ve never seen her so upset before. I’d seen her cry, for sure, but that night it was like she was in a trance. I wanted her to cry or scream, but all she did was talk to me in this monotone voice.

                I’m not going to go crawling back to her, though. I have too much pride for that. I saw her at the hospital, but I don’t know if I’ll see her again before the christening. It’ll be awkward, for sure.

Hey guys! I thought I’d give you a chapter in Finn’s POV so you all could see how he’s feeling. There will be a ton more of contact between Finn and Jane in the upcoming chapters, so keep reading! And thank you to all who voted, commented, or fanned. You’re all amazing!

-MKate93