4) Shower Thoughts

Hi guys! Forgive me for not updating sooner, I've been having writers block because this was just a filler scene. The next chapter may be one as well but the next chapter IS IMPORTANT as I will be introducing more and more characters to my story. But don't worry guys, Magnus and Alec will be meeting VERY VERY SHORTLY!
Hope you like it xxx

The sharp echo of shoes clicking on the wooden panels set into the dusty floor attracted Alec's attention, causing him to awaken groggily on the couch. From which he decided to sleep in the other night considering Jace hadn't come home and thought if (and when) he arrived home. Jace should take the second bed, as they only had two small singles cramped in one stuffy room in the apartment, and the old vinyl printed couch that could suffocate anyone with its sinking cushions and tatty linings. Causing the three members of the household to switch nights sleeping on the couch. Though Jace and Alec knew better to ever let Izzy have to sleep on the couch. So basically, it was between Jace and Alec.

Plus, Alec thought he had owed it to Jace for the way he had treated him AND Sebastian the other night. Alec was always sceptical of the mysterious, white-haired boy that had came attached to Jace as they arrived to New York. With his edgy British accent and sassy exterior that fitted well to Jace's. It was hard to pin the guy to the list of good people in their lives. Or the list of bad one's. Though, Alec always thought what people must think of Jace's personality. And if they would trust him as much as Alec does himself, or just vouch for his charming side and handsome features.

After a display of stretching limbs and distorted noises of yawning, Alec adjusted his eyes to find Izzy looking down to him.

Hands on hips, formally dressed and hair pinned back to protrude a large black bun atop her shimmering head, Izzy spoke "Morning" her eyebrows raised and a small smile on her face.

"Morning" Alec repeated, his neck beginning to feel the dull ache of tightness from the way he had slept.

"How did you sleep?" She asked walking to the 'kitchen', opening the fridge door to take out the orange juice.

Alec suddenly sat up on the sofa, twisting his neck around, feeling the dull pain spread around his head. "Brilliant!" He replied sarcastically. A small chuckle came from Izzy's lips before emptying the remains of juice into her mouth, without a glass, and shaking it for good measure. Making sure there was none left, before tossing it into the bin. "Did Jace-"

"-Come back last night?" Izzy finished. "No. The bed hasn't been slept on. I'm guessing he just went to sleep at Seb's"

"Seb's? What are you two like best friends now or something?" Alec retorted coldly, walking towards the kitchen to face Izzy.

"No, but I don't see what would be the problem if we were" Izzy's brows furrowed. Alec nimbly averted his morning blue eyes away from Izzy, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders and taking to the cabinet for something to eat. "What is your problem with him anyway?"

"I don't have a problem with Sebastian"

"Don't give me that crap, Alec!" Izzy says boldly, her arms now crossed stepping closer to Alec as his eyes met her's again. "Ever since Sebastian became friends with Jace almost 2 years ago now, you have disliked him ever since. Why?" She asks softly.

Alec, suddenly finding the floorboards very interesting, looked down before speaking slowly. "I just don't trust him that's all"

"Why don't you trust him? He's never had a fight with Jace, he's never stolen money, he's always been there for Jace whenever he needs him. Why do you have to question his loyalty t-"

"Loyalty means nothing unless you know the person" Alec retorts sharply.

"Then get to know him, Alec!"