Chapter 3

1 week...

Kayla

"Hey babe." Kevin walks through the front door and we both pause. "What are you doing?" He laughs. I was upside down on my back on the stairs.

"I was bored so," I flip and turn to him. "I was sliding down the stairs." I start to laugh with him.

"Come here, goofy." He hugs me. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"Guess what."

"What?"

"We're playing hide and seek, you're counting." He runs off. I close my eyes and count to thirty.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Before I get to the basement door I notice his phone is on the table. After a bit of thinking I decide to quickly put in the password. I accidentally click photos. I guess I'll start there. Aww, most of his pictures are me. Focus.

Oh my God! That's the gang sign! T-The Mazis. The picture I saw was Kevin with a guy. There were both smiling and Kevin had gloves on and was pointing at the guy's tattoo of the gang sign. He is in the gang! Ok, let me just find him and when I hide, I'll text Irene.

~~~~~~~~~~

Me: IRENNNNEEEE

Irene: WHAT

Me: YOU WERE RIGHT KEV IS IN THE GANG

Irene: omg fr, how'd you find out

Me: i looked through his gallery and saw a pic of him after he gave the gang sign tattoo to this guy

Irene: FAMMM I KNEW HE WAS UP TO SOMETHING I NEVER LIKED THA KID

i mean sorry that your boyfriend is in a gang...

Me: gee thnx but what do I do now

Irene: tbh i never thought you'd get this far so idk

Me: you're just so nice rn😂

Irene: aw thnx sm💁

but in all seriousness ig you should just try to find out more

Me: same

Irene: like when he joined and all that good stuff

"Found you!" Kevin yells and I scream. He laughs helping me up out the bathtub.

"You scared the life outta me." He kisses me on the cheek.

"Sorry babe." His phone vibrates. "Fuck."

"What?"

"I gotta go run an errand."

"Right now?"

"Yep. Sorry babe. I'll order pizza for you." He kisses me on the cheek again and rushes out the house. See, I would be more upset but he's ordering pizza for me so it's not that bad. I bet he's going to some meeting. Well, I might as well watch TV while I wait for my pizza.

Kevin

I hate to leave Kayla but duty calls. On the way there I call and order pizza to be delivered at our apartment.

"Yep, that's the address.....you too." I finish the call. Back to business. "Woah..." I say once I turn into the alley and see two people standing in front of the secret entrance. "What are you two doing here?" I ask.

"Why does it matter to you, are you here for a specific reason?" The boy asks back.

"I'm asking the questions here. You up to something?" I challenge him.