12

Zeref heard his brothers final whisper before he went unconscious and had to bite his lip to keep himself from responding to those words.

He stared at the ground as they made haste towards FairyTail, with Natsu being dragged by Dimaria.

Nobody paid attention to the tear that fell to the cobblestone.

Nobody heard the dark mage's inward sniffle as he held in his tears.

Nobody saw his brother's pain.

Except Zeref.

Zeref held down all of the pathetic sobs forming in his throat. He was not going to cry over another being. "Dimaria, I will..drag my brother." The moment of hesitation made Zeref worried that they would become skeptical of him, but the other Twelve were too busy making plans for the war.

Except August, his most loyal servant. He was the only one who noticed his hesitation, and he refused to let Zeref hold the chain. "No, you are the emperor. This boy as of now is as possibly more powerful than me. If he were to wake up again...one of us could die." He warned, nodding at Brandish. Who shrunk Natsu and placed him in a glass jar.

The emperor gave his followers a confused look, trying his hardest not to glance at the unconscious pink haired boy inside it. "It will be easier to travel." Brandish said, giving the jar to August. Who carried it like a delicate artifact.

He wanted to scream, to tell them that putting his own brother in a jar was insulting. Treating him like some rare beetle that could kill us all if it breathed to loudly. Besides himself, August, and Eileen. They were all unfazed by the dragon slayer.

But Zeref internal battles are what made him so worrisome.

No matter how hard the emperor had tried, he had failed to succeed in his brother killing him. It was quite disappointing, really. He wasn't sure to be frustrated with himself or his brother.

What kind of failed potential did he brother hold? Zeref was so close, so close to grasp death. But those who were loyal to him had protected him.

Worst of all, he defended himself.

He wanted to die, and yet he had battled for his life. How could he? Was it even possible that he even had the smallest spark of life in his bones? No, he had lived for 400 years.

He was not about to live another 4 centuries. Zeref was going to make sure of that. His sanity was falling apart.

Just one more year and the black wizard might snap.

"My lord, we have..him. Why not just return back to Alvarez?" August asked, glancing at the boy in his hand.

Zeref thought back to his original plans. "We are going to the Fairy Tail guild hall to take Fairy Heart. Going back would already delay the war that they would bring to us. I have no doubt that they are being warned at this moment." He said.

"Yes, but taking him with us risks his return with the guild. We should have a group return to Alvarez and the rest of us should then attack Fairy Tail."  Eileen said, coming up with a different strategy.

The emperor thought of it for a moment. "That is most logical. Eileen, Brandish, Dimaria, and Rahkeid will go to the guild and take the giant lacrima that is located under Fairy Tail. August, Invel and I will return to Alvarez and prepare our forces." He decided. To which everyone nodded in agreement, besides Eileen. Who looked extremely bored with the order.