Crying in my sleep

Lilly's POV

"Mommy? Mommy, what's wrong? Mommy wake up!" My son Issac said shaking me awake. As soon as I opened my eyes I felt tears on my face.

"N-Nothing Issac" I stuttered. "G-Go back to bed H-Honey" I cried.

Issac kissed my cheek and nodded then went back to his room.

Suddenly the reason I was crying flushed through my mind, my dreams. My Memories.

Dream 1-

I was sitting with Newt in the glade. We were all gathered under the night sky around the monthly bonfire.

"Lilly?" Newt said.

I turned and responded to my best friend. "Yes Newt?"

"I-I think I love you." Newt said looking deep into my eyes with his beautiful chocolate ones. My mind spun. My stomach fluttered.

"I love you too Newt."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!"

Dream 2-

The group had finally decided to take a stop in a broken building in the Scorch. I looked to Newt holding our 2 month old son.

"He looks so much like you" I smiled at Newt and our son, Issac.

"I know, it's crazy. Hey there buddy, I love you so much." He kissed Issac's forehead. "Just like I love your mommy" Newt smiled at me.

"Oh Newton. I love you." I said kissing his cheek. "You too my boy." I took my son into my arms.

Dream 3-

Thomas had been gone far too long. Something was wrong.

I ran where I saw Thomas go. I found Thomas laying on the road yelling something. Then I saw the love of my life. A crank. Newt. Newt was screaming words at Thomas as he walked towards him with a gun.

Newt put the gun in Thomas's hands and sat above him.

Tears streamed down my face. I was close enough to hear their conversation.

"I tried to kill myself in the Maze. Climbed halfway up one of those bloody walls and jumped right off. Alby found me and dragged me back to the Glade right before the Doors closed. I hated the place, Tommy. I hated every second of every day. And it was all... your... fault!" Newt screamed at Thomas.

Newt forced the gun in Thomas's hands at his own forehead.

"Now make amends! Kill me before I become one of those cannibal monsters! Kill me! I trusted you with the note! No one else. Especially not Lilly. Now do it!"

Thomas tried to pull his hand away but Newt kept a good grip. I ran faster and faster towards the two boys.

"I can't, Newt, I can't." Thomas said.

"Make amends! Repent for what you did!" Newt's voice became quiet but I could still here as I got closer. "Kill me, you shuck coward. Prove you can do the right thing. Put me out of my misery."

"Newt, you can't leave Lilly, Issac- She'll hate me. Maybe we can-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I trusted you! Now do it!"

"I can't."

"Do it!"

"I can't!"

"Kill me or I'll kill you. Kill me! Do it!"

"Newt.."

"Do it before I become one of them!" Newt shouted. I was so close now. I could almost reach out an touch him. Thomas saw me. His eyes so sad.

"I..." Thomas said.

"KILL ME!" Then Newt relaxed like he'd gained one last bit of sanity. "Please, Tommy. Please."

"NO THOMAS!" I screamed falling to my knees beside the two boys I knew so well.

"L-Lilly.." Newt said.

"Newt.. This doesn't have to be like this. Please! I love you-"

"I love you Lilly. Look after Issac, and tell him I love him."

"NO! THOMAS DON'T YOU DARE PULL THE TRIGGER! NO! PLEASE THOMAS! PLEASE! DON'T-"

Thomas looked up at his friend. Then back to me. Then back to Newt.

Thomas

Pulled

The

Trigger.

Dreams over-

I cried harder and harder.