Chapter 17: Finding Out the Hard Way

Orihime was just not a happy person as of right now. She had decided to not go home right away. She just kept walking around town until she decided to go to a nearby park. 'What can I do,' Orihime thought to herself as she sat down on a swing seat,' I don't think I could stand for Ichigo to hate me and yet I don't think I have it in me to leave him alone either.' Orihime had tears in her eyes as she looked up at the stary sky above. In most places it is hard to see the stars at night however at this park it was fairly easy. 'Why does it hurt so much,' Orihime thought as she pushed her left hand over her heart. "All I want is to be by Ichigo's side but it looks like that's not what he wants," Orihime sighed as she let her head fall fowards which shielded her eyes that were now pouring tears down her face.
By the time Orihime had decided to go home it was well past midnight and she was sure Ichigo would have already gone to sleep by now. But once she walked into the room she was surrounded by a pair of arms she would have known better than her own arms. "I-Ichigo, what's going on," Orihime stumbled over her own words as her face went from flushed to being red. Ichigo was happy to see that she finally came home. After Tatsuke had punched him about making Orihime cry and then she never came home had him worried. He looked everywhere he could think of to find her but had no luck. So naturally he would forget about not being near her for her own good once he saw she was safe. "I was worried about you," Ichigo shoked out as he tried not to cry. Orihime wasn't sure way he would be worried until she turned the light on and saw where someone, most likely having been Tatsuke, had punched him. Orihime just gave a small smile as she spoke," I'm fine."
It had been almost thirty minutes now since Orihime came home and Ichigo still hadn't left her side. Orihime knew she really made him worried by the way he was acting. Even his tell was twitching. Ichigo on the other hand wasn't aware of Orihime watching his tail because all he could think about was all the things he wanted to do to Orihime and before he realized what he was doing he bit her. Orihime was somewhat relieved that Ichigo wasn't avoiding her anymore but she really needed to find out way his bites felt so  good however all thoughts faded away with the feeling she had now coursing through her body. It wasn't like any of the other times he bit her, it was somehow better.
Once Ichigo finally came to his right mind he freaked out. 'Shit, Shit, Shit. This isn't good, what the hell am I supposed to tell her!' Ichigo thought as he walked from one end of the room to the next. Orihime wasn't quite sure what was wrong but figured she better ask now before it's too late. "Um, Ichigo. What's wrong? Does it having anything to do with the fact that you've been avoiding me?" Orihime asked as she watched Ichigo come to a stop. Ichigo turned towards Orihime who was setting on the couch and swallow hard before he spoke. "Yea, it does. You're kind of my mate now," Ichigo almost passed out from having to say that but the look on Orihime's face kept him from doing just that. "Then what was it that Kuro said to you and how did I become your mate," Orihime stumbled over her words as her head started to spin. 'Mate, his mate. I've dreamed of being his wife but his mate,' Orihime thought to herself,' is that better than a wife?'