4

Miette's PoV

I walked out of the office, down the familiar old road. This was how every day ended. It's like every day is the same. Nothing happened.

But today something would happen. I was going to resign. I was going to put my egos to good use. I was going to be a runaway.

And I started now.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, and ran.

Different PoV

I heard someone talking in a room far from where I was. It rose to a shout, and I heard crying, and someone slamming the door. Someone had an argument alright.

I peered through the crack in the door. I caught a glimpse of blonde hair, green eyes, a mega stone. Korrina. I'd met her when I was looking for May.

"Korrina, are you ok?"

"Shut up!" She didn't seen to realise the strangeness of me being in a room in the headquarters of the rebels, since I was a runaway before. "Shut up Max!"

"Wait-"

She left. I guess she didn't want any more memories of this place. I didn't want to stay here any longer than she did. I crept out, or at least I tried to, but it wasn't long before I was pinned to the ground. Well, that was unexpected. I was pretty sure no one was here a minute ago. I opened my mouth to speak, but someone slapped their hand over my mouth.

"At least give him a chance to speak, Bonnie." came an annoyed voice that probably belonged to a girl. I did my best to lift my head. A girl with long purple hair and brown eyes looked back at me. the person covering my mouth was a girl about my age, with blonde hair and pale blue eyes, and an angry dedenne on her head.

"Fine." said Bonnie, and removed her hand. I sighed, and laughed at the feeling of finally being able to. I'm weird like that. She glared at me. I'm getting the feeling I shouldn't laugh.

"Don't laugh." she snapped. "Are you a scientist?"

"No." I said truthfully.

"Are you an admin? Or a spy? Are you from Kalos?"

"No, no, and I'm from the best region ever."

"And where's that?" Bonnie leaned down. Her blue eyes stared into mine- if we were friends, it might've been a friendly glance. But they were ice cold.

"bet you anything it's Unova." Iris muttered, half-smiling.

"I'm from Hoenn."

"Hoenn?" Bonnie tipped her head, then smiled. "What's your name?" she asked sweetly. I had a feeling this wasn't going to be good.

"I'm Max. Max Maple." I had no idea why i just gave her my real name. I'd always used my runaway name, Maxen Mall. I know it sounded stupid but it was easy to remember, and if I accidentally said my real name I could always pretend I hadn't, they were so similar.

"Well, Max, you better answer these questions, or you're going to be pretty shocked." I hope she didn't mean she'd electrocute me with that dedenne. She probably did.

"Do you know anything about trainers Dawn, May, and Serena?"

"May? You mean, May Maple?"

***

Miette's PoV

I glanced round the street. The team forever spy had disappeared, and I hoped he'd never show his stupid face again. It took me a while to defeat him and his annoying durant, but I did it.

"Ralts, you know what to do." I whispered. "Santalune City, let's go!"

The strange dissolving sensation of teleportation took some getting used to, but I had used teleport as an emergency backup tons of times. As I felt myself materialise, I stood up on what remained of the streets of Santalune City.

There were no people. No houses, no buildings, no streetlights. Only the faint pricks of cold stars shone in this darkness. Team Forever had done this, I reminded myself. Don't feel sorry for them. But then, I couldn't help thinking about how that blonde-haired girl had been purposefully hit by toxic because she was clumsy and had lost their mark. She was only as old as I was, and that wasn't very old at all. How could I face them if I knew that most of their spies and agents were unwilling or hypnotised children or teenagers like me?

"Miette?"

I turned and saw Viola, the former santalune city gym leader. She looked like she'd been in a purrloin fight under a pile of rocks, and then thrown out of a window.

"Grant's gone." She whispered. Her eyes were as dull as her formerly blonde hair. "They took over the gym. I don't know where he is now."

"You'll find him." I reassured her.

"I won't." She replied sadly. "Look behind you."