Chapter 1.

Katrine's POV.

I was in my room, packing my trunk for school when an explosion rattled the house. I whipped around, running downstairs. "Mum?! Mum!" I yelled, fearing the worst, tears streaming down my face.

I raced into the kitchen, finding my mother, alive, hurriedly digging for something. "Mum, what's happening?!" I cried. "They're here," Was all she said. "Who?" I asked, just noticing my mother's face, covered in soot and ashes. "Who?!" I asked again. "The hunters." She murmured, finding what she was looking for. She rushed over and put the necklace on me. "This will turn into collar when you shift, which you need to do right now." Mum said.

"Ok, but why?" I asked. "Enough with the questions! The necklace is also a teleportation device. You'll be safe." Mum promised. "What about you?" I asked. "Your father and I will hold the hunters off for as long as we can. Now shift!" Mum demanded. I crouched and took my animal shape.

The door was blasted off its hinges, breaking into tiny pieces. Mom gave me one last grim look, before excruciating pain exploded in my torso. "You do not hurt my daughter!" My mum screamed, using her magic to inflict pain on the hunters. I staggered on my feet, losing more and more blood.

I felt coldness sweep through me, the teleportation device was working. My legs gave out and darkness greeted me.

Klaus' POV.

"Well, I'm off." Rebekah sighed, pulling herself off the couch. "To where, may I ask?" I asked, not looking up from my sketchpad. "The grill." She shrugged. "To annoy that Donovan boy, am I correct?" I smirked. "Shove it, Nik." She spat, heading towards the door. She opened it, but didn't go out. A squeak of surprise came from her mouth.

"Um, Nik? Why is there a large, bleeding cat on our porch?" Rebekah asked, looking back at me. "What are you talking about?" I asked, looking up. "Come look. This thing is huge!" She said, staring down at whatever 'this thing' was. I slowly got up, not fully believing my sister.

I walked over to the door, following my sister's gaze. A big, bleeding leopard lay on its side, its eyes closed. Rebekah nudged it with her boot. It didn't move. "Oh, well. Poor thing's dead. Have fun." She said, stepping over it. I rolled up my sleeves and crouched next to it. A gash was visible on her stomach, staining her white coat with blood. I touched the wound gently. The leopard twitched, apparently not as dead as Rebekah thought.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with a frickin' leopard?" I muttered under my breath. Well, I'm not just going to leave it out here to bleed to death. I put my arms under it and picked it up. "Man, you're heavy." I grunted.

****

"There, all done." I mumbled as I put the last stitch in the leopard. She still hadn't regain consciousness. "Since when are you a veteranarian?" Rebekah question, walking into the living room. "Since now, it would appear." I said, wiping the rest of the dried blood from the leopard's flank.

"So, what are you going to do with it?" Rebekah questioned. "You mean her?" I coorected. "Whatever." She huffed. "We'll see what happens. She may be rabid or something." I said, standing up.

The leopard's eyes shot open, looking around cautiously. She lifted her head, staring at Rebekah and I. "Look, her eyes match her collar." Rebekah pointed. She was right. The emeralds on the collar, matched her eyes perfectly.

The leopard stood up, her paws sliding on the wood floor. Rebekah took a step forward. The leopard just stared. "She seems pretty tame." Rebekah commented, taking another step forward. She reached her hand out slowly, trying not to frighten the animal.

The leopard layed its paw in Rebekah's palm, not seeming afraid at all. "Good leopard." Rebekah grinned.  "I believe I like this animal."