Chapter 4.

Caroline's POV.

"Maybe, Ivory attacked her-" "No, Klaus, this is where the blood ends. She was the leopard." I cut Klaus off. "Well, what are we going to do? Let her bleed to death?" Klaus questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No, we are not!" I hissed, walking over to the girl. She was unconscious.... I hope. "A little help?" I question, looking at Klaus. He sighed, rolling up his sleeves and pushed himself off the tree he was leaning on.

Klaus crouched down and picked her up. "You owe me." He said seriously, getting blood all over his shirt. "Don't I always?" I sighed, walking with him.

Katrine's POV.

"I think she's waking up." A british voice said, although it was muffled. "Can you hear me?" Caroline asked, her face hovering over my own. I think I said something really intelligent like, "Uhhhh?" I blinked and groaned, staggering to my feet. Hey, I actually have feet now! Yay! "Woah there." Caroline said, putting her hand on my back.

"Who are you? What are you? What are you doing here?" Klaus swooped in with the questions. "One question at a time please. I'm still processing, too." I said, rubbing my temple. "Who are you?" Klaus asked. "Katrine Monroe." I replied. "What are you?" Klaus prompted. "I'm a shapeshifter, as well as a witch." I said. "What are you doing here?" Klaus pressed.

"No idea. Hunters were after me. Mum gave me this necklace. It brought me here." I said. "Hunters?" Caroline asked. "The Seven. Dedicated hundreds of years to finding us. But I'm the one they're after..." I said, trailing off. "Why?" Caroline asked. "There's a curse placed on The Seven. They're cursed to their vampire forms forever, unless they kill every last shapeshifter in the world, or make me cast a spell that will kill me and every supernatural creature on this planet." I said. "But why you?" Klaus asked.

"I'm the only Shapeshifter/Witch ever. I wasn't supposed to be born. I'm a freak of nature, I guess. I'm a lot stronger than a regular witch because I'm a Shapeshifter. My body can handle more. I'm the only one who can endure the spell." I said, looking away.

"Where did you come from? Where are your parents?" Klaus asked. "I came from England, and my parents.... are dead." I said, feeling tears in my eyes. "Ok, that's enough questions for today." Caroline said. "Yeah, I need to get going." I said, wobbling on unsteady feet. "You can't leave!" Caroline protested, holding me steady. "And why not?" I asked. "You can hardly walk, you're being hunted, which if they catch you, then we're all dead also, you have no place to go, and it is sure a long walk back to England." Klaus said.

"I'll manage." I decided. "What, you scared of a few vampires?" Klaus taunted. "Not afraid. Just not really fond of them. I mean, they are hunting me. How would you feel?" I retorted. "You're staying here." Caroline said, looking deep into my eyes. I chuckled dryly, crossing my arms over my chest. "I can't be compelled, Caroline, but nice try." I smiled sweetly, but my voice was filled with venom. "I liked you better when you were the leopard. You couldn't talk." Klaus sneered. "Oh, well." I shrugged.

"This is gonna be a looooong day." Caroline sighed. "Enjoy."