Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A man was standing there with Melody in his arms. The man was very tall. His eyes were black and they matched his hair. His hair was curly and short. He was wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans.

“I do enjoy it when humans run.” The man laughed.

“You...what did you do to Melody she better be alive or...”

“Or what there’s nothing you can kill yourself with here.” He laughed again. “But yes she is breathing.”  He looked at my arms.

“What are you looking at?”

“It seems you weren’t joking about the bond. I just tested it on her as you can see she may have a few cuts. I do believe I met that witch friend of yours. I don’t think she likes me.” He laughed again. I pushed past him and ran into the house. “She’s up stairs.” He yelled after me still laughing this was all a sick game to him.

I barged into Makala’s room she was laying unconscious on the floor in her room. I checked for a pulse, I was so glad when I found one.

“Here let me put this one down it will make it easier for me.” He laid Melody on Makala’s bed. “Please do stop running I’m tired of it now. I just want some of your blood; the rest of your blood is for later.” He snarled at me.

I backed away until I hit the wall. The dark haired man stepped closer. I felt the shelf next to me. As he stepped closer, I threw some sort liquid into his face. I ran downstairs as fast as I could.

“You stupid brat, you will pay for this!”

 I went into the Kitchen I grabbed the nearest knife. I ran outside once again, adrenaline now pumping through my veins. Out of nowhere he appeared once again. This time out of breath, and carrying Melody. He took a step closer.

“Don’t move again.” I yelled at him.

“Are you forgetting who I have in my arms?”

“No I haven’t.” I then pulled the knife out from behind back. “Move again and I use this on me.”

He clenched his jaw. Then unclenched and looked very calm.

“Fine but you do that and snapped her neck it will be so quick you will see it before you die.” He smiled showing his perfect white teeth. “Throw the knife here. And I will put the girl with the other girl and then you come with me?”

“You put Melody with Makala first, then I give you the knife.”

In a blink of an eye we were back at Makala’s. He laid Melody back on the bed.

“Now you come with me.” He walked outside and I followed him. It was cold but I didn’t feel it. I felt warm, with fear. Fear for what is about to happen. Once he has taken my blood he will be unstoppable. Fear for what fait my friends have now. And fear that I might still be alive after this.

He walked towards me with a grin on his face. “I have been watching you charlotte waiting till I could take your blood, as you’ve seen today I am very capable of many things. You will make me stronger.”

He held my wrist tight in his left hand. In his right hand was the small but sharp kitchen knife I took. He put the cold blade in line with the blue veins on my wrist. The pressure from the blade slit open the skin easily. As if it was scissors cutting paper. I bit my lip in pain. And a tear escaped my tightly shut eyes.

Soon after I felt wet cold lips on my wrist. I could feel the blood leaving me. The more he took the weaker I felt, but the stronger he was. I opened my eyes. I was watching him take the blood. My vision started to go blurry. My head felt light and fuzzy. I started to close my eyes. I felt peaceful, never before have had I felt so relaxed. My head stopped spinning. I just want to...sleep.

I felt him suddenly let go of my arm. I fell backwards expecting to fall onto the hard cold floor below me. Instead I fell into arms. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn’t.

“Shhhhh Charlotte don’t try to get up.” I heard his deep voice through my ears. Once again I tried to open eyes. They were still blurry but I saw dark brown hair and big bright green eyes.  He picked me up and carried my back to Makala’s. From what I could hear Makala was awake but Melody was still sleeping.

“Charlotte can you hear me?” Makala was sitting by me. “Put her here on the floor inside the circle. We just have to keep her alive long enough for her body to make more of her blood.”

I felt myself getting weaker. I know I couldn’t go leave everyone but it was just too easy.

“How is she?” I could hear Erik’s voice loud and clear. But I’m not sure he was the one to rescue me.

“As long as she stays alive for more than an hour she will be fine, it will be as if nothing happened.” The other male voice sounded familiar.

“And Melody?” I loved how he was concerned about us both.

“I helped her a bit by giving her some energy; she should wake up in a bit.” I didn’t hear the rest of their convocation I just fell asleep.