#21 - Always True

This update is for ThyBeatles; because she demanded so politely for another chapter ;)

Enjoy!!

April 4, 1959

It's a strange feeling to be kept in the dark. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. The way we met was so surreal. I fell for my teacher; a man I barely knew. A man eight years my senior. Surely, he would have a past, but none such as this one. I guess I am the fool in this story. I wanted to believe so much that I was the one for him, the only one. That before me, nothing ever compared.

I was wrong.

My trip to England was not one I ever wanted to endure. My family had lied to me my whole life, I believed falsely that my father was really, my father. Here, thousands of miles away, somehow, the lies have seemed to follow.

I can't understand why this bothers me so much, it pains me to even write it in words.

But I guess I do understand.

Why can't anyone be honest with me? I just don't understand.

John was everything I thought I wanted. Somehow, he still is. As hard of a decision it is to distance myself from him, I feel it is best. I just didn't realize it would be this hard. My life in England has been filled with him, John. John Winston Lennon. Every day.

I feel as if I'm going through withdrawal.

I should have known better; it was almost too good to be true.

It's torture to be here at Mendips. Everything here is him. I can't go home; I can't let mother know what is going on. If she knew she would surly tell everyone. Then who would I be? The girl who got knocked up by her teacher who turned out to be queer for his best friend all along?

I shudder at the thought.

Yet I can't let go.

This isn't over.

Priscilla closed the notebook and tucked it away under her mattress, John's mattress.

She had been doing a lot of writing lately, mostly to help clear her thoughts. It felt good to get it out, letting the ink of her pen say the things she couldn't express with her own voice.

Mimi and Priscilla headed out to the shops early that Saturday morning. Ann had decided to accompany them upon Mimi's request.

"It's going to be nice to have a lady's day." Mimi said as they boarded the bus.

"Mimi, please don't tell my mother what has happened between John and I."

"Of course Priscilla." Said Mimi.

"Nothing about John and Paul either.... please." She said in the politest way possible.

Mimi smiled in response.

Priscilla then glanced out the window, clearly it was another dreary day in Woolton.

-

John woke early that morning, dumping a pile of cornflakes into a bowl while the kettle began to boil.

After his conversation with Paul last night, the two hadn't discussed much. Both men were mentally exhausted from the series of events that ensued all week long.

John sat at the table crunching away on his cereal when Paul had entered the room.

"Morning." Paul mumbled.