Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hey guys! I'm Kameron. a small town, tomboy or at least that's what I think. I don't know if all my friends consider me that but whatevs. I live in the Springs (Colorado Springs). I was raised on country music, and am a not so innocent girl who hated boy bands and doesn't trust many guys. I'm a senior at Colorado Springs High School. I play soccer and on the varsity team heading to NDSU for its soccer team.

Kameron's POV

"Get up! Your gonna be late for school!"

"Mom!! I've been up for hours already!! Why didn't you notice? I was just down stairs working out. Whatcha make for breakfast?"

"There's eggs, a couple of pancakes left, and bacon."

"Eww. Why'd ya make bacon?"I grabbed a pancake and ran out the door, shoving the pancake into my mouth, to my pick-up. Thankfully Riley was already out in the truck.

We got to school right on time as I ran to my locker that I shared with my friend Scarlet. Ewwww she had to put pink in our locker? Why?

Anyways new topic tryouts for basketball were today and I couldn't afford to miss any classes again or Coach S would kill me. (Oh did I forget to mention that I played basketball? Oops.) I had been training long and hard for them. Classes ticked on and on for hours on end. You know those days? History as usual seemed like it took 3 hours instead of 47 minutes. Go figure. The class I hated the most took the longest. As soon as the bell rang I jumped out of my seat, "freedom!!!"

"Beckett, watch it!" Mr. B warned.

"Ok, sir."

I rushed downstairs to my locker and grabbed my stinky gym bag, or at least that's what Scarlet says it is, and headed for the gym.

"Hey, Ross! What up?" I yelled across the locker room.

"Not much Beckett. You?"

"Same ol', same ol'."

"Yo, Beckett Coach wants ya!" Matts screamed.

"Ohhh..." All the girls thought I was in trouble. Ha they have no idea.

"Yeah Coach? Ya wanted to see me?"

"Ah...Beckett, I just wanted to see what girls you think deserve a spot on the team this year since you were good at picking 'em out last year."

"Alright, is it ok if I run some drills to see what they got? I'll send you a list tomorrow of the girls?"

"Sounds good. Start warm-ups."

"Yes sir. Alright ladies bring it in!" I yelled as I hear a few complaints from the freshies,"You ladies are here to work! You guys are complaining! If you wanna stay here quit complaining!! Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Beckett!"

"Good, Ross start getting them stretched."

"Yes, Beckett. Touch your toes!"As Ross continues to go through the stretches I start to look for ladies who are trying and giving 150%.

Allison Ross's POV

"Ok, ladies lets start with the dribbling drill we showed you yesterday. Newcomers upfront and returning players in the back."

"Hey Ross can ya come here please?"

"Yeah, whatcha need Beckett?"

"Can you help me pick out girls for the jv team?"

"Yup, sure not a problem. #23 would be a good point guard. #56 would be a good guard." And on it went, picking out which girls could do it and which ones couldn't, as we ran through drill after drill testing their skills determining if they could do well under pressure or if they would melt under the heat.

"Alright ladies bring it in! Great job today! Lists of the teams will be posted on the gym door tomorrow! Good luck! Dismissed!"

Kameron's POV

"Hey Beckett wanna hang tonight?"

"Sure, where we goin'?"

"My house, mom got pizza and wings."

"Cool, meetcha over there Ross!"

"Kk."

I honestly don't know what I would've done without Allison. I mean I don't make the final call but I do have a lot of input and if I picked crappy players Coach would've killed me.

"Mom! I'm home!"

"Oh good sweetie! I made dinner."

"Sorry, mom, I'm goin to Allison's for dinner, we gotta work on plays and stuff."

"Alright, if your still hungry you know where to find it."

"Yup, thanks mom. Tell dad I said hi."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye, mom."