Chapter 12

Chapter 12

.

Aidan blinked, his tiny fingers clutching onto Emma's hair as his gaze remained on Drake. Emma leant forward to kiss his cheek, trying to gain his attention. Even though he's only five months, she still wanted to know what he was thinking.

The expression on Drake's face gave her a series of mixed emotions.

His blue eyes had widened when they landed on Aidan, and the way his entire body stiffened made her think for a second that he was paralyzed.

Ha. She wishes.

She didn't know if his reaction was a good thing or a bad thing. Personally, she was satisfied that Drake finally got to see Aidan properly. But she was scared of what he would do. Would he try to do something stupid? Did he want to get to know Aidan now? But then again, even if he does magically change his mind, she's definitely not going to go easy on him.

Not this time.

"We really need to get going," Jenna hissed under her breath, gently pulling Emma's arm and interrupting her thoughts.

Drake's eyes snapped to Emma, his shocked expression masked back with a blank look. He smirked, crossing his arms and nodded. "Collins, how bad it is to see you, as usual."

"Likewise," Emma replied back before wincing when Aidan pulled on her hair. "Ouch! Aidan, be careful, sweetheart."

Aidan giggled. "Hum, mah, mah, mah." He grabbed on Emma's hair again and began to play with each lock as he turned around to look at Drake again.

"What is he saying?" Tom asked, wrinkling his nose as he watched a strand of saliva drip from the baby's lips.

"He's just mumbling a few baby words, Tom," Emma laughed, wiping Aidan's mouth.

Dropping his gaze from Drake's, Aidan let go of his mother's hair and placed his head on the crook of her neck.

Emma smiled inwardly, placing a comforting hand on his back, caressing him in a gentle manner as she kissed the top of his head. Aidan yawned, his eyes shifting to Tom, Jason, Jenna, Rich, and then back at Drake.

Drake was beginning to feel uneasy each time Aidan glanced at him.

Was there something in his face that caught Aidan's attention? Why the hell the baby is keeping looking at him?

"How odd," Rich said curiously, his gaze lingering between Drake and the baby. "Hey Drake, check this out. I think I found a miniature you!"

Emma's breath hitched for a second before her arms tightened around Aidan. She rolled her eyes and forced a laugh, shaking her head. "Don't be ridiculous, Rich."

"Yeah," Tom jumped in, glaring at Richard with distrust. "Aidan is nothing like that snake."

Drake gasped in mock hurt and placed a hand over his chest. "Ouch, Tom-Tom! That hurts. Truly."

Tom made a threatening move towards him, but stopped when Emma touched his arm. "Don't. He's not worth it."

Jenna, noticing Emma's discomfort, gently grabbed her arm. "C'mon Emma. Let's go."

"Yeah, Rich," Drake said, mocking Jenna's tone, "let's go, I'm bored."

"Can we meet up later?" Rich asked Emma, ignoring Drake's protests.

Emma bit her bottom lip, not knowing what to say. The atmosphere around them was beginning to lean towards awkwardness. She enjoyed Rich's company, but c'mon... just this once; couldn't he give her some space?