Epilogue

One Year Late: Epilogue

.

"Drake, we're doing this for your own good." Emma snapped, crossing her arms as she waits for her husband to shut the car door.

This was his idea in the first place, and now he decides to change his mind? Hell no. They drove miles just to get here, Emma is not about to waste all that gas for nothing.

"For goodness sake!" She reached forward and grabbed Drake's wrist, pulling him forward until he was right next to her.

"I don't know what came over me, Em." Drake muttered, shoving his hands inside his pants pockets, kicking some of the lose rocks from the ground. "Let's just leave, we'll go another time."

Emma rolled her eyes and showed her ID to the guard, "We're already here."

After they gone through the process of checking to see if they're a threat or whatever – which they're not! At least, not anymore – the guard let them in and ushered them down the hall way to the visiting area.

"I should have brought father here." Drake continued to mumble, looking around the area and seeing other people with their plain dirty brown jumpsuit, being visited by family and friends.

Do these so-called family and friends even care about the "bad guys" who are thrown in jail? Like, they didn't fight hard enough for the person to stay away from this prison, so obviously that means they don't care all too much? Who wants a friend or family member who couldn't even abide the simple law of their country? Such a disgrace, right?

No.

Even though Drake see's Jay differently than how they were when they were younger, Drake still needs this closure.

"There he is." Emma nudged Drake on the side, nodding towards Jay walking towards them in handcuffs.

"What's this all about, bruh?" Jay asked a wide smile on his face. "Missed your own big brother?"

"We just wanted to see how you're doing." Emma politely said, noticing Drake stiffen with a scowl.

"Oh please," Jay scoffed, rolling his eyes and placing his handcuffed hands on top of the table with a balled fist. "As if you two care."

"We don't." Drake snarled, throwing his brother a look. "I just needed to see for myself that you're actually here and not terrorizing the neighborhood again."

"Is that so?" Jay let his gaze wander to Drake and smirked, "Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Jay is stuck here, Drake. In case you're too blind to see it."

Drake had this sudden urge to wrap his hands around the guy's neck and strangle him. But oh well, that would be jail time for him again. Been there done that. Besides, he's tired of his brother's bullshit.

"Let's go." He gently grabbed Emma's hand and stood up. "We had enough."

"Hold on, now." Jay immediately said, straightening his back when he saw they meant business. "Let's be real now, children. Why are you both here? Can't be because you missed me?"

"No." Drake snapped, sitting back down as he noticed the guards looking at them. Probably making sure they're not about to have a ramble or whatever. "I just... I just wanted you to know that I forgive you."

Emma turned her head to look at her husband and beamed, placing her hand on top of his shoulder and squeezing it reassuringly.

Drake smiled back at her before returning his attention back to Jay. "I forgive you."

However, Jay merely stared.

"You forgive me." Jay said slowly and distrusting.  Forgiveness? Who is the hell is this man in front of him... Like whom fucking does that nowadays?