Chapter Seventeen

Hello my little Berries!  I'm not dead...  So...  I'm sorry for my absence.  School has been taking a slight toll on me but I am fine, there is no need to worry about me.

I've been pretty exhausted lately and after homework I pretty much just fall deeper down the rabbit hole that is YouTube.  But who hasn't done that?  Also I've become total 'Ouran Highschool Host Club' trash so someone talk to me about that...

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter since I've been putting it off until now.  I'll try to catch up on my writing as soon as I can.

Love you guys!

-CarryOnWaywardPie

The house was always it's busiest and loudest on Fridays.  Mostly because both of the Font brothers had off those days.  You didn't have a job yourself, not that you haven't looked.  The brothers insisted that you didn't need one and could just watch the house while they were working.

The days usually blended together since the house wasn't that lively just by yourself.  But you had developed some kind of routine.

Mondays you cleaned the house.  Tuesdays you went food shopping.  Wednesdays (That doesn't look correct but it is) and Thursdays were you days, consisting of art, video games, reading, and sleeping.  Fridays you did laundry and some more cleaning.  And finally, Saturdays and Sundays you hung out with all of your friends and every once in a while you went out to dinner cause all of you were too lazy to cook anything.

The Font brothers worked Monday through Thursday on most days, and would constantly bring work home with them on Fridays.  That lead to loud shouting about how they hate everything and how things constantly needed to die.  Family!  *Nervous laughter*

Today just so happened to be one of those Fridays when Sans was secluded in his room, shouting random things to no one in particular.  You usually put off putting his laundry away last so you could hang out afterwards, but today you just left the basket outside of his room so you didn't bother him.

"(Y/N)!  PHONE CALL!"  Papyrus called from downstairs.   You rolled your eyes slightly and hurried to get the phone.

You grabbed the phone off the counter and went somewhere more private.

"Hello?"  You asked, taking a seat on one of the chairs you kept in the backyard.  "Hello Miss, this is Officer Brady.  We have your mother down here in a holding cell."  Honestly you weren't even surprised.

"I'm listening."  You say simply.  "Ms. (L/n) has been reported by her may neighbors for child abuse.  We need to know where your brother is Miss.  He wasn't in the house when we got there.  Do you have any information?"  He asked.

"Yes I do."  You started.  "He is at a close friends house for the time being.  When I say friend, I actually mean adoptive mother.  She didn't really adopt us, but she treats us better than out real mom did.  She's family.  And I must request that she be Frisk's guardian hence forth."  It took a while before he spoke again.  Your big words must have confused him.

"Thank you Miss.  We will definitely look into this.  We are going to have to call child services down there though to make sure this is a suitable home for your brother and I must request you be there for inspection."  He tells you.

"Of course."  You give him the address to tell the inspector and you wait for the new person to call you to set up a day.

And when he finally calls you, you set up a meeting for the next day.  (It takes waaaaay longer than that but fuck the government.)