Chapter 1: Gathering

"Hail, Gutin!" The chief of Zemlja yelled.

"Hail, Swedin!" The chief of Vazduh returned the greeting.

"The stars are new tonight, perhaps we can enjoy them together." Swedin declared in his booming voice.

"I suppose we could end our travels here for the day. Gather your men and we can have a good chat down at the river."

"Right!" Swedin jumped off his horse and took his daughter's hand. "Come, Omni, we may not get this chance for several more months."

"Hail, Gutin!" A new voice shouted over the plain.

"Hail, Bethesda!" Gutin declared.

The chief of Voda rode up, his caravan not far behind. "And Hail, Swedin! An oddity to see both of you at the same time."

"Hail, Bethesda! It is indeed." Swedin helped his daughter down from her palomino.

"Hail, to the chiefs of Vazduh and Voda." Omni greeted them.

"Hail, to the daughter of Zemlja." The other chiefs declared.

"Hail, Bethesda!" Two voices cheered from the south.

"Hail, Ramses and Nettle!" Bethesda greeted the two new chiefs.

"Hail, Swedin and Gutin!" Both chiefs shouted.

"Hail, to the chiefs of Vatra and Um." Omni shouted her greeting.

One last tribal caravan began up the hill toward where the gathering was.

"Hail, Swedin, Gutin, Ramses, Nettle, and Bethesda!" An elderly man, though he looked no more than sixteen, rode ahead.

"Hail, Fallese!" The other five chiefs greeted him.

"Hail to the chief of Senka." Omni greeted the last chief.

"Hail, daughter of Zemlja." Fallese dismounted his horse.

Nettle appeared perplexed. "Leave the caravans, let us meet at the river bed. We have much to discuss."

The other five chiefs left their horses with the caravans and followed Nettle to the river. They all knew what it was about.

Raylana chased her little brother. "Get back here right now, Rivian!!!! Ian, you hear me?!"

Ian laughed and ran around Omni. Raylana was not so graceful, however, and collided with the daughter of Zemlja.

"Sorry!" She sputtered and helped Omni back up. "I'm really sorry."

"Not a problem." Omni smiled.

Raylana continued chasing Ian. "Slow down! You're gonna run someone over! Rivian!!!"

Omni chuckled.

A teenage girl, she couldn't be much younger than Omni, came up from the Senka tribe's caravan. "Hi!" She smiled.

Omni smiled back. "Hello."

"I'm Pearl Town, daughter of Senka."

"I'm Omni, daughter of Zemlja."

"Have you seen Raylana of Vazduh? She wanted to try some sweet biscuits last time our tribes met up and now I have some for her!"

"I think she went that way." Omni pointed in the direction of chaos, assuming that was where the Vazduh girl had been chasing Rivian.

"Thanks!" Pearl raced off.

"Girls, right?"

Omni jumped at the new voice. "Uh, hi?"

"Hi." Araceli nodded. "I'm Araceli, daughter of Voda." She bowed to Omni, acknowledging her status as Chief's daughter.

Omni bowed in response. "Omni, daughter of Zemlja."

Omni recognized a girl from the tribe of Vatra. "Flare!" She smiled and ran over to the redhead.

"Omni!" Flare went right to the hug. "Ma wants to know if you wanna come have dinner with us?"

"Sure!" Omni smiled.

Flare took her hand. "Then follow me!"

Omni had to laugh. When was the next time all six tribes would be in the same place at the same time?