Chapter 2.

-Hello, Noah.-I didn't see Nathan since we ended the high-school and, in that moment, I noticed the total amount of time it had passed. When he saw I didn't say anything, he kept talking: Can I come in?
Sincerely, until that moment I hadn't figured it out that Nathan was the person who was in front of my door.
-Oh, God. Nathan Parker!-I exclaimed.-Of course, come in! Wait here.
I quickly got a towel to bring it to Nathan and I came back. I gave him the towel and he came into the house, getting wet all the entrance's floor
-Thank you so much.-he said to me.-Oh my God, it's been a while.-he seemed a bit shy.
-Noah! It doesn't care who's there, tell him or her to go! It's so late.-Christine's voice was heard from the living room.
I did a gest with my hand, headed to Nathan, telling him to come with me.
-Honey,-I said to Chris.-He's Nathan. Nathan Parker.
She seemed to be terrified. Quickly, she got a blanket that was on the sofa and she covered herself with it.
-God, you could have told me that from the hall.-she said. Just then, she stood in front of us and she went to Nathan.-Such a pleasure to meet you, I'm Christine Kennedy.
-Pleasure's mine. I'm Nathan Parker.
Christine smiled at us and she left the living room.
-C'mon, sit here.-I said to him. He didn't say anything except of a "thank you" and he sit besides me. I gave him two taps in his back, noticing the freezing water that stuck his pull to his skin.
-Fuck, Noah.-he said, finally.- I've been trying to get in contact with you for centuries!
-Me too! But I went here to Seattle to study my career and everything got complicated. I changed my phone and I lost your number.
-I was calling you and sending you messages until I arrived at the conclusion you'd probably changed your phone.-He told me.-But after all that, I saw on the TV news a case resolved by you: the famous lawyer, Noah Kennedy. I knew you'll be on the top as you are actually.
-Thanks, man.-I said to him.-And... tell me,what about you?
-Well...-he started, pointing with his thumb finger at two yellow suitcases, one smaller than the other. I just did notice that he got them with him.-I met a girl the last year of University. We fell in love, we had plans for the future. We rent a flat in Boston, near from you and me lived. We almost got married. However, we'd been having arguments for silly nonsense things, lately. And well, I saw you lived here and I thought about talking to you because right now I need somewhere to live until I get a flat to live, even if it's on the other point of the state.
-Man, I'm so sorry about that. Of course you can stay here. -In that moment, Christine came back.- Can't he, sweetheart?
-What are you talking about?-she asked.
-Nathan can stay here until he gets a flat to live, right?
-Well... it's okay.-she said, but I could notice she wasn't convinced at all. When she noticed her less conviction, she corrected herself.-Of course he can, babe. Welcome, Nathan.
-Thanks, Mrs.Kennedy.
-You can call me Christine. Or Chris, if you want to.
-Okay? Chris. Thank you.
-Would you like to have a shower? I feel the cold inside you.-she said,pointing at him with a smile.
-Yeah, I totally would.
-In that case.-I interrupted.-I'm going to show you  the bathroom and your bedroom. Christine, can you do something to eat for Nate?
-Yeah, sure.-she turned and she disappeared in the hall.

****NATHAN NARRATES.****
We went upstairs to the second floor, where there were different doors. I thought there probably were something behind them.
-So... this is your bedroom.-Said Noah, opening the white wood door. The room, even if it wasn't so big, it was enough for a person. The sky-blue walls, in combination with the white skirting board, gave me a peace sensation. In the right corner, close to the wall in a vertical position, there was a bed, covered with dark blue sheets. Besides it, there was a white night table, with a lamp on it. A little TV was in the middle of the wall in front of the bed, subjected by a bracket. In the left corner there was a closet, not so big, but enough for me. Everything was pretty clean.-I hope you feel comfortable here.
-It's so cool, mate. Thanks.
-There's a bathroom next to Lionel's bedroom and other downstairs.
-Lionel?-it was the only could say.
-My son.-he answered.-Lionel.
-Do you have a son?
-Yeah, I've two children. My little son, Lionel, and my older daughter, Meredith.
-Wow, I had no idea. You're so lucky, man.
-I know.-he smiled at me.- I'm so happy for you to be here, don't you know?-he smiled at me.
-I'm so happy we both meet again.- I said.
-Well, I'm letting you alone. Let me know when you finish.
-It okay, bro. Thanks.
He closed the door, leaving me alone in the bedroom.
I got a white white t-shirt and tracksuit pants to wear it when I was done with the shower.
I went to the bathroom and I closed the latch. The bathroom was so clean, as all in that house. I'll never forgive me about going there, but it was my only solution.
The walls of the wide bathroom were red and white, making contrast between them. The furniture, white in its majority, was put beside the door, creating a wide way from the door to the bathtub.
I opened the water tap and I let the water fill the bath.
While it was getting filled, I got naked. The mirror I was in front of showed my body until my waist and I could see my marks and scars on my chest and my abdomen.
Noah couldn't see that, not either joking.
When the bathtub was filled up, I added a chocolate soap and I got inside.
The temperature change between the outside cold and the hot water gave me chills.
Finally, hot water. I'd gone over a ver long way from the train station until that house with litres and litres of rain water falling over me and over my suitcases, and thunders lightning the dark sky of the night.
I was inside the bathtub until I felt the water inside was getting cold. I got out of there and I put my feet on the soft rug next to the bathtub.
I got a but dry with a white towel and I covered my lower part of myself with it. In that moment, my cell phone rang. Shivers appeared all over my body. I took the phone and I saw I'd received a message,.which said:

"You can run and escape, but not for much time. We'll get you, and we won't let time run too much before that. You'll regret to run away, little Nate."

The warm temperature that water had given to me disappeared and the cold got all over my body. I swallowed saliva and I turned my phone off.
Noah couldn't see that. Not even anyone there.