Prologue: Nightmare

Tracer was lost.  She was surounded by nothing, by a blank white space of emptiness.  A slight breeze carried whispers of terror and screams of agony to her ears.  Long, crackling tendrils of lightning shattered the empty void She was trapped in, and Winston's face flashed before his eyes, his features bloodied and his eyes closed.  Tracer's own glistening brown eyes widened as she reached out for him, only for his face to disappear in a blindingly bright flash of white light that burned her ocular nerves.

          "Winston!" She cried out, distraught as the light faded and the blank emptiness was replaced by an an orange sky burning with blue fire.  Amidst the swirling chaos she heard Mercy scream, and looked about wildly, seeing nothing in the heat of the raging flames.  Somewhere in the distance she heard gunfire booming and stones crumbling as she let out a solemn cry for help, a single tear running down the side of her cheek.  Tracer fell to her knees and began to cry, scared, alone, afraid.

          Out of the depths of the searing blue flames a massive armored figure appeared and strode forward through the heat, getting closer and closer to Tracer.  Tracer wanted to run, hide or fight, but she couldn't move, it was like she was frozen in place.  The massive figure whore advanced drab olive green armor over a black body suit.  The helmet had a solid gold visor and he was covered in purple blood, thats when Tracer noticed the strange looking creatures that littered the floor.  The figure held Tracer's gaze for a moment before outstretching a hand as it began calling out to her in a deep, gravelly voice that echoed with an ethereal chime.

"Lena...Lena..."

_________________________________________________________________

          "Lena!" came Mercy's sharp cry cutting through Tracer's mind and bringing her back to reality.  Her eyes shot upon and she sat up'Where am I?' she thought.  After studying her surroundings she realized she was in her apartment in London 'Was it just a dream?'  "Lena are you okay?  You looked like you were having one crazy dream." Mercy asked.  Lena looked at her for a brief moment before wrapping her arms around her and bursting into tears, Mercy was a little suprised at first but hugged her back, "It's alright Lena, your okay." she said in a soothing tone.  'What the hell kind of dream was that?' Tracer thought to herself.

________________________________________________________________________________