| chapter one |

It was a normal day at the lodge; everyone doing their jobs. Noah sat down at the desk and leant back in the chair. He put his hands behind his head and placed his feet on top of the desk infront of him.  Closing his eyes, he let out a small sigh.

Creek; creek. The sound of the old floor boards echoed in the almost deserted room. Ben snuck up behind the half asleep boy behind the desk.

"Boo!" Ben shouted as he shook Noah a little. Noah suddenly awoken and rubbed his eyes. He turned around to see Ben and jokingly rolled his eyes. "What do you want?" Noah questioned, letting a small chuckle escape his mouth.

Skye, Danielle and Sean walked in and Noah looked at Ben with a confused look. "Just come in here" Ben said walking into the Rec room; followed by Skye, Danielle and Sean. Noah looked around and quickly scurried after them. He took a seat and the group of friends stood around him. He looked at them and counted them all "1..2..3...4" he said pointing at them as he counted "um, where's Kaylee?" Noah asked with slight confusion as why she was the only one not their.

Sean sat down next to Noah, "whenever we play truth and dare, you always pick truth" Noah looked at the boy beside him "so...?" He looked at the others.

"So, you're gonna do our dare!" Danielle said confidently and the group of kids smirked at each other. " erm, okay, what ever you want me to do. I'll do it!" Noah said; you could hear the nerves in his voice. He gulped and looked at his feet.

"Okay" Ben smiled "ask Kaylee out!" Noah looked up from his feet and bit his lip "bu-b-but, I don't l-like K-Kay-Kaylee"

"We know that" Danielle said rolling her eyes. "We just want you to ask her out, see what happens!"

Skye looked at Noah, she could tell he was worried and she really didn't want him to go through with this. "Guys!" All eyes darted towards her, well nearly all; Noah's eyes were glued to the floor. "Maybe Noah shouldn't go through with this" she bit her lip.

"Oh, I see. You don't want him to ask Kaylee out because you want him to ask you out!" Danielle pouted and Noah's head quickly raised and he looked at Skye.

"N-no! Thats not it at all" she lied

"Then, why shouldn't he go through with this?" Sean asked as he stood up.

"Because, what if she says no?" Noah says, slightly regretting ever saying he'd do anything.

"Then she says no!" Ben replies

"Yeah but" Noah stood up and paused slightly, "e-r-r, nevermimd" Noah said looking at his feet and sitting down again.