| chapter three |

Noah couldn't bare it anymore. His friends had been bugging him to ask Kaylee out, but he couldn't. Every time he would go to talk to her, he'd stutter and say something else. Sometimes it was like he couldn't even speak. Like something was holding his mouth shut.

"C'mon Noah, you can do this." He kept repeating as he paced around the rec room. "You have to do it." He said. "O-or, everyone's going to hate you." His voice cracked slightly as he spoke the last sentence. It hadn't completely hit him until he truly said it.

Everyone would hate him.

How he got into this mess? He doesn't know. Why Kaylee has to be punished, is even more beyond the scale of knowing.

He couldn't remember them telling him why he had to do this. Did Kaylee do something wrong? Was this payback for either of them?

Then it hit him. It wasn't Kaylee's fault that this was happening. It was his.

If he hadn't been such a wimp when playing truth or dare, they'd never have had to dare him. The thought of the whole thing made him cringe a little; how petty where his friends?

"You can do this." He started speaking again, shrugging off all of his thoughts.

"Do what?" He heard a voice speak, chuckling after it had finished. Noah stood glued to his spot, and turning his body to face the person. It was a girl. A familiar girl. His best friend.

Kaylee.