To Infinity and Beyond

Hey so this is a story I made for drama class, it is inspired by 830freckles "You Plus Me". You should check it out! So I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!

I always felt sick and started getting skinnier. I grew paler everyday and got more and more restless by the hour. Bruises started to appear out of nowhere. I was terrified of what it could be. When I went to see the doctor. They confirmed my worst fears.

I had cancer. I was only fifteen when I was diagnosed with cancer.

I thought I would just stay sitting down and just cry and sob my heart out. Instead I ran out the room and made my way through the Cancer Ward. I shuffled past many nurses and patients, but I kept my eyes glued on the ground. In a matter of seconds I was laid out on the floor looking up at this boy. He seemed about my age. Tall, dark brown hair, and big brown eyes. As he held out his hand to me he gave me a faint crooked smile. I smirked and wiped away the tears.

“Hi my name is Leno! What yours?” He asked in a somewhat forced, gleeful tone.

“Hi, my name is Jessica, but my friends call me Jess” I told him.

After helping me up I apologized for running into him. He asked me what happened. I told him how I had just been diagnosed with cancer and he told me he had leukemia.

But, that was two years ago. Leno and I became friends, then best friends. We started dating a few months later. He was everything that I dreamed of. Perfectly imperfect.

When Leno left my room this morning to go get some rest, I took advantage of this moment to write him a letter. As I struggled to wake up this morning. I knew these were my last moments. I scrambled to write my final words and last wishes to him. It was time that I left Earth and I wanted to leave with him feeling some sort of closure.

I wanted to be remembered as a happy memory. I wanted him to remember all the good time we had running down the halls hand in hand. Our first date at the fair. Talking on the swings at the park. I didn’t want to be an unhappy memory. One that made him cry when he was reminded of me. I wanted him to smile everytime he thought of me. Everytime he thought of us.

As I began to sign my name at the bottom of the letter. I needed to see him one more time before saying goodbye. I wanted to tell him I loved him in person, before I departed. I had to see that glimmer in his eye before I left.

I unsteadily got out of bed and went to his room. As I grew closer to his room, I grew more and more weaker. I entered the room and there he was, the love of my life, lying still on his bed. I ran to his side and felt his cold hand. With a tear running down my cheek, I layed down beside him to join him in our after life. Together. Forever.

Thank you for reading!! :D