7.

I just can't believe this is happening. How can it be? I walk through the lobby of my office, scratch that, old office with a box of nick-knacks from my office and a exit file in my hands. Lucky I've managed to hold it together just long enough to get through a brief exit meeting with HR and a short goodbye to my former co-workers. I smile brightly at the receptionist at the entrance to the building, I refuse to act like anything is wrong. I walk from the building with my head held high and stalk to my car. Literally throwing my stuff in the passenger side I sit at the drivers seat for a moment and try to process what has just happened. I lost my job. It's that simple, I did nothing but work hard for the company and dedicate myself to make them look good. For what? A feeble apology from my manager and a check.

I realise that I can't think about this now. I need a distraction, something to stop the thoughts spinning in my head. I whip out my phone and fire a quick text to Thomas:

Hey Baby, What's work like today?

Any meetings?

H xx

I search through my bag for my compact mirror and touch up my make-up while I wait for a reply. I'm feeling calmer already, now I have a plan to distract myself. My phone buzzes its reply.

Well Hello gorgeous.

Nope no meetings. Just catching up on paperwork, why?

Lunch?

T xx

I smile at my phone, toss it in my bag and set off with determination.