How Melanie Martinez Helped me/Her Story

This is for princessluna16 and Crazy_Cartoon_Lover

Have you ever heard of the new singer who is slowly getting more and more popular? Her name is Melanie Martinez, and just when I thought my life couldn't get worse, she comes along and changes everything.

I've never been obsessed with a singer before. I love music and have all different kinds of favorite bands and singers (mostly metal). But Melanie is different.

This is what she looks like.

Isn't she pretty? She always has different colored hair

She's very girly and silly like me, but her songs are a little dark. She likes dressing like a little girl. I'll get to why later.

She also likes Tim Burton like me, and Crazy_Cartoon_Lover SHE LOVES CARTOONS! She likes one of my favorite shows, The Amazing World of Gumball! When I heard that, I nearly exploded.

She's also shy. That's why she hardly talks at concerts, but one time at a concert, she was actually talking, explaining a song, then it sounded like someone said "F you" (even though the person said I love you) and Melanie said "I'm sorry, I'm talking." She said it really nicely, though. And some people on the comment section said that someone DID say F you, but you can hear the person who said I love you more. So maybe she DID hear the right person, and the video's audio is just messed up, I don't know.

Okay, back to her shtick. If you don't know what a shtick is, it's like something that an artist does and sticks to, like Tim Burton's shtick is creepiness, or Lady Gaga's shtick is dressing differently and being a bit weird. Melanie's shtick is pretending to be a little girl.

This is the genius behind her cd. If you didn't know this, she wouldn't make any sense to you, but if you do know this, it makes complete sense. She created a character named Cry Baby, who is what her cd and all her songs are about. Her cd tells a dark fairy tale story about this character Cry Baby, and how she changed from this emotional, vulnerable, insecure little girl to this strong, comfortable in her own skin, and a bit insane character. It's completely original, and I am in LOVE WITH IT.