Chapter 21

Jason's pov

"If by some chance this goes wrong, you bolt and do NOT come back. Get home and pretend you were asleep this whole time. Your parents would throttle me if they found out you were doing this." "What do you mean go wrong?" He asks, stopping walking. "Just in case we get caught or the fire spreads." He looks nervous. "Jared you don't have to do this. We're talking about a felony here kid." "No I wanna do this." "Then let's go." We walk through the woods to get to his house. Cocktails in hand. I pick the lock and we sneak in, pouring gasoline out the door. I keep the black cloth covering my face. I open the door and fight back my rage seeing him laying there in bed. "Bastard." I whisper. He jolts awake! I freeze. "Who's there?!" He's gonna die anyway. I pull out my pistol and shoot him in the knee so he can't escape. "This is for raping my girlfriend you prick!" "Who the fuck?!" "Then name's Ash but you won't be able to tell anyone." I say, smirking. I run out to Jared and we toss the cocktails. They explode and engulf the drenched house in seconds. I grab Jared's wrist and take off running. After five minutes of nonstop adrenaline fueled running. I collapse to my back breathing heavily. I can still see the deep orange flames in the distance. I smile. Victory. "Ha ha! We did it!" Jared shouts, laughing. I stare up at the dark black starry sky. "Revenge is sweet my friend." I say, smiling. I look at Jared then. "You can't tell anyone you did that! We could get serious jail time. You can't tell a soul. We gotta go to our graves with this." "Gotcha Ash." He says smirking. I roll my eyes. "I heard you call yourself that." "So. What's your point." I say, trying not to laugh. He lays in the grass beside me. "I am so glad we did that." I smile. "Me too. I can't wait to hear what the news has to say."

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I get up and get dressed. I hopefully am gonna get to see Jason today. If David and Michelle let me go out. When I walk in the kitchen, David and Michelle are staring shocked at the TV. I run and it's a news report of a burned building. But to my shock, I hear the rapist's name as a victim's name. I freeze. "Wow. I told ya karma will get ya." I back up shaking, horrified. It wasn't Karma. It was Jason.

Jason's pov

Dad suspects me. Cause he knows I'm a pyro. "You better not be involved in that!" He says, pointing at the TV screen. "I'm not." I lie. "What happened?" "His house caught fire." "Wow I wonder how." I lie again, hiding my smile so they don't know. There's a frantic knock at the front door. Before anyone even answers, Miranda opens it. She looks terrified. Uh oh. "Hey baby!" I say, walking over. She grabs my shirt, pulling me outside. Oh man. "D-Did you... Do that?" Oh crap! "No. I didn't even know where that douchebag lived but props to whoever did." I lie. She keeps staring at me trying to tell if I'm lying. I swallow nervously and rest a hand on her shoulder. "Hey let's just call this a lucky break. Your aunt and uncle wouldn't have been able to afford a good lawyer." "Yeah. I guess you're right." She mumbles, stumbling on her words. I hug her. "You alright babe?" "Y-Yeah. So.... How'd you do it?" I freeze and glare at her. "I didn't do it." "Yes you did! I'm not stupid Jason!" I force a nervous laugh. "Girl you're crazy." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the woods. "Will you stop accusing me of it?! My dad already suspects me." "Only if you admit it. Were you involved?" I don't know if I should tell her. I still shake my head. "You're lying." "How do you know!" I gape. "Cause Jason I know you like the back of my hand! I'm not stupid!" I sigh. "Fine yes I did it." She looks shocked. "I can't believe it!" "It don't matter. We won't get caught." Oops. "We?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "Me and..... Jared." "Oh my God!" "It'll be fine as long as you don't tell anyone." She's shaking. I hug her. "Please don't be mad baby." I beg in a whisper. "I'm not.... Mad.... Just... Scared." "Don't be. I'm fine."

Miranda's pov

I stare into his mysterious green eyes, a hand against his arm, where one of his burn scars are. "Jason?" I squeak shakily. "What is it, baby girl?" "Thank you." I shakily say hugging him. His arms wrap around me. "I love you so much, sweetheart." "I love you too." I whimper, crying on his shoulder.