Chapter 48

Miranda's pov

Jason's been seeming super nervous for some reason the last couple days. I tried to find out what was wrong but he kept saying he's fine. But I know he isn't. I left it alone for a couple hours til I walked into the kitchen where he was sitting at the table with his head in his hands. I sat beside him worried. "Jason talk to me, what's eating at you?" I ask, pulling his hands away. He wouldn't look at me. "I... I dunno." He says,  his hands tense around mine. "Whatever is bugging you, we can work through it. What's wrong?" He sighs. "It's nothing. I'm being stupid. I'm fine." "You aren't fine, darn it. Now tell me what's tearing you up so bad!" He sighs. "I don't think I'm ready to be a dad. I don't... I don't think I'm good enough." What? "Why on earth would you think that?" I gape shocked. "I just.... I can't stop thinking about all the shit that has happened. I... I don't wanna make the same mistakes. I don't want to be a bad father!" "You aren't like your father." I say, sternly holding his shaking hand tightly. I gently rest it on my stomach. "Your past will not define your future. You know who you are. You're a great mad despite the hell you went through." He looks a little shocked. "W-Wha... Y-You really think that?" "Of course I do. You saved my life!" I gasp, standing up and pulling him up with me. "You're the most kind and gentle person I've ever known. You're going to be a great dad! I know it!" He shakily hugs me, trying not to cry. "It's gonna be alright. This baby is going to be so happy." Just then there was a knock at the door. "I reckon that's the gender reveal party guests." He murmurs nervous. "Don't you fret." I say,  resting a hand against his cheek. "I love you." He whispers kissing me. I smile in the kiss, happily wrapped in my husband's arms. "Let's not keep the guests waiting." He smiles, that nervous worry in his eyes finally ceasing. "You're so awesome." He says, resting a hand against my belly. I can't wait to be a mom!