Censorship Wars: Call to Freedom

~The Censorship Wars~

Freedom is the right of every man. And it includes speech and expression. And the 2017 Censorship Law implemented by the corrupt and personally-motivated President "Tito" steps - violates - these freedoms.

Due to this harsh law followed by harsher repressions by the Government Censors' Special Agency and the "Tito"-controlled military, the Congress and Senate-before being reorganized into the National Legislative Council- passed the CED Law. The law which approved the creation of Anti-Censorship Forces and banned the military from entering into affairs concerning censorship.

Censorship forces took the name of National Disciplinary Commission (NDC) while anti-censorship forces were known as the Education Defense Forces (EDF). The NDC is supported by the "Tito" Administration and the Nacionalistang Partido ng Bayan (NPB) while the EDF is secretly supported by the Reform AFP Movement, the National Constabulary, the Republic of Korea government and the United States of America.

With the enactment of the CED Law and the creation of EDFs in the archipelago, the Censorship Wars had begun in earnest. Local EDFs fought NDC troops in localized skirmishes all around the nation to bloody results and incidents.

One such is the Malolos Library Incident where 39 were killed including 28 high school students when NDC troops started shooting automatic fire into the library.

That was one of the many reasons why I secretly joined the EDF. Now, along with 52 more EDF personnel and 650 volunteer students from local senior high schools, we form the EDF-Southern Bulakan Battalion Team.

~Parking Lot D, SM City Marilao, Marilao-Meycauayan Boundary Area, Southern Bulakan-10:35 PM, August 4, 2021~

A shipment of "uncensored" supplies from Manila International Zone is set to arrive any minute. And so as the NDC bastards to collect it for themselves. The poor religious fanatics! They wouldn't know what will hit 'em today!

Actions such as what will happen today would be games compared to what I'd fought a year ago since only specialized buzz bullets are allowed now upon UN restrictions which the NDC had learned to follow so far after American and South Korean troops were deployed to support the EDF in Metro Manila and a successful military coup.

"Transport incoming." a voice said on the radio. I was inside a container van that is being used as our battalion's mobile command post.

"Bastards spotted!" another voice reported. Eto na ang mga walanghiyang NDC.

"Get ready." our battalion commander ordered over the radio. "Lawin. Are you in position?"

"Copy. Awaiting targets, Captain." the voice replied. That was one of our two snipers on duty today.

"Lieutenant Amano." the commander said, looking at me. I was at that time readying my M16A2 assault rifle for action.

"Kap!" I said, saluting. The two of us have fought together in the bloody 2nd Battle of the National Library and the Battle of Intramuros so we know each other.

"Your troops ready?" he asked.

"Kanina pa Kapitan." I replied, smiling. I had checked my 45-troop platoon earlier.

"Here they come." a communications staffman reported.

"Alright everyone. Good luck to all." the captain said.

This is it! I told myself. I then cocked my rifle and selected semi-auto fire.

This is for you my dear.

"Attack!" the captain shouted as the NDC-marked SUVs and vans surrounded the two container trucks carrying the "package".

At that same moment, 105 EDF troopers wearing the official battle dress uniforms AKA "BDU Greens" converged on the parking lot as floodlights fill it and blind the enemies or what we call "bloodcoats" for their red uniforms.

The gunfire immediately began. Our troops with M16A1 Assault Rifles and three M60 machine guns rained fire against the trapped redcoats who weren't even able to return fire accurately with their UMP45s and AK-47s. Our two snipers are providing very accurate supporting fire from atop the closed mall.

"Move in!" I ordered, waving my left hand forward. My platoon then started moving towards the vehicles still firing our rifles towards the general direction of enemy fire.

"Cease fire! Cease fire!" the captain shouted on the radio. The remaining enemies then raised a white handkerchief as a sign of surrender. Other troopers from our crew then began to approach the wreckage and handcuff those who are not KOed by the buzz bullets. While our medics began treating their KOs and wounded.

"Haul the package in." the captain ordered after surveying the situation. Other armed troopers from inside the mall ran towards the containers and began to unload the package of "uncensored" books, magazines, newspapers, movies and other items. Once inside the mall, they will be safe from NDC hands for a day and will be transported to libraries of "friendly" schools. That was how the system works here now.

"Captain." I said, saluting the man. "No casualties to report sir."

"That's good, Lieutenant." the man smiled. "You and your troops deserve a rest. I say three days."

"My troops would be glad with that, sir." They sure would be.

"Compliment your platoon for me, ha."

"Yessir!" I replied, saluting once again. The captain then went on his way to inspect the other troops. I then headed inside the mall to check on my troops.

They surely would be happy with my news. I thought. It sure would bring smiles from them. And that's the biggest gift I as a teacher can recieve from students.

I am Teacher Lieutenant Jeremy Amano. 23. A senior high school teacher and an EDF volunteer officer. Aside from being a teacher of History and PE, I also command 2nd Platoon, Echo Company, EDF-Southern Bulakan Battalion Team.

I teach by profession and fight by conviction. I have fought as an EDF soldier through college as a way of avenging my loss and fighting for a loved one's cause. I have resolved that until the NDC is gone, I will continue to fight. And I will fight, in honor of the sacrifices my friends have made for the cause of freedom of choices.

Their sacrifices wouldn't be in vain.

I walked to the mall to talk with my troops.