Prologue

I heard the sounds of a machine beeping, slowly and steadily. It was dark to the point that I couldn't decide if where I was was dark or my eyes were closed. I could feel heat touch my skin and faintly hear someone breathing beside me not too far.

Where was I?

A part of me knew that I was still alive on a hospital bed and wasn't dead. And I was glad for that because I didn't want to die yet. After eighteen years of my life, there was still one more thing to accomplish before I would be ready to go to heaven.

But, a part of me was worried if I was actually dead. No, I couldn't be. Not yet. If I wasn't, then why couldn't I see where I was? Maybe my eyelids were too heavy for me to open my eyes and see where I was. I tried moving my lips, but failed to. They were stuck together and I didn't have as much energy inside me to break them apart. I tried to move my finger. As I did, I felt a huge heavy clip attached to my finger and therefore my finger failed to move.

I decided to give up. Not because I accepted my defeat, but there was no point to continue on if I wasn't going to get anywhere. I knew I wasn't dead because I was able to sense my surroundings.

And what happened next made my heart stop beating.

I head a gasp from whoever was sitting beside me and heard a chair squeak. The shuffled movement of feet almost as if the person was running distanced and I heard that person yell.

"She flinched!"

It was the sound of a feminine voice around my age, maybe a bit older.

After she yelled, I immediately heard many pairs of footsteps progress towards me. I felt them surround me and did some quick tests to see if I was awake or not. Someone injected a fluid inside me, while another was scribbling something on a surface. They were saying something I couldn't make out, and I slowly lost my consciousness.

********************************************************************************************************************

A/N: So this is the one that I had been waiting to write for a long time. I really hope it turns out really good since I'm starting to write this story with a general plot in my mind.

- lovebird235