Chapter 35

"Any luck?"

He shook his head. "How about you?"

I shook my head as well.

Jay was trying to reach Shannon while I tried Rex. Both of their cell phones were unreachable.

"What are we going to do now? We can't just stay here and wait for them forever. And I don't know if my cousin is in danger or not as of right now."

All he did was nod as we walked around the town.

"Aren't you going to say something?"

I didn't get a reply from him. He only continued to walk with his hands in his pockets looking ahead.

I then had a big question in my mind.

"Don't you know where he's taking Andry?"

He sighed and shook his head. "No."

I frowned. "What do you mean no? Didn't he tell you guys where to take me, Shannon and Andry once you have us in your hands?"

"Nope," he said, popping the P. "We'd have to call him and then he'd tell us where to bring you. He's never in one location."

Of course. The last time Rex saw him was in Silvertown. Before that, Willtown. After that, we repeatedly came face to face with his obnoxious cousin brothers.

The more I was learning about his duty with Chad, the more I was losing my ability to trust him. Not that I ever trusted him, but I was taking a huge risk by walking around Roseville with no clue where Rex or Andry could be. It hadn't been hours since Rex walked out of my life and half an hour since Andry's abduction.

I was unconscious when he got the call from Chad. I didn't know what talks they must have had about my assassination. For now, I needed to stick with him to get any details about Chad that could help me locate Andry. After that, I'd kill him.

"But, couldn't you ask him where he's taking Andry?"

"How was I supposed to ask him without making him suspicious?"

I arched an eyebrow. "How would you make him suspicious?"

He looked at me like I was stupid. "He would ask me why I wanted to know."

"Then you could have just said... um that you... uh..." I was thinking hard of a reply that I didn't know when we had stopped walking and Jay watched me with amazement.

A smirk formed on his face. "See."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I muttered and began shuffling my feet again.

"Lucy?" he called and the tone that I heard in his voice made me shiver.

"Yeah?" I asked worriedly. Not for him, but for myself.

He dropped his gaze on the ground and if he was trying to look innocent, then it wasn't working. But, what came out of his mouth shook me up terribly. "You got another... of that attack."

Yes, I did. And that only meant one thing. The cousin brothers were locating me and that worried me as heck. They already had Rex, why did they wanted me? I could only think of one possible reason.

They found out that Rex didn't have his mother's necklace. They thought I had it since I was seen with Rex by Stan and the guy in Lucklov. They weren't going to spare me.

"Everything's going to be okay, Lucy," Jay forced me to look at him as he gripped my shoulders. "I'm here," he assured me.

Yeah, like that was going to help me calm my heart down.