Prologue

Ava's POV:

I am one of the rich kids. Not the stereotype of girls pretending to be barbie dolls in case your wondering... I already knew that you were thinking I was one of them because of my psychic powers! Just kidding, I know that it was a weird joke and here I go, already lowering my self esteem... Hehe...

Knock. Knock.

The polished white door opens slowly and a nervous maid stands there whilst trembling in fear. I think she was new since she wasn't a familiar face. I have a feeling that my dad yelled at her like he does with the others so maybe that was why. However, he is sympathetic when he makes sure that they are okay; he treats them well too.

"Um... Ava... I mean Miss Avaline Primrose Kiowa, your mother would like to speak with you..." the maid mutters shyly.

"Okay," I reply politely, "but you don't have to call me that, Ava is fine."

She smiles.

I walk out the door curiously, pondering about what my mum would ask... The thing is, she and I would rarely have to speak privately hence it is likely to be serious.

"Ava..."

I turn around startled, it's my mother who has a worried look on her face. Definately not the happy face I see each day.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Recently, there was an attack on one of the security guards. It is an unknown suspect but he described him as a teenager, who is your age and..."

"And?"

"They apparently have wolf ears and a tail. Your father thinks it was someone he knows but he never mentioned who he is..."

"Okay but how does any of this involve me?"

"Your father says that he/it could be dangerous, they are probably looking for you."

"Why? I don't even know anyone my dad knows, not even my older sister."

"I don't know hence you are probably going to have to have a body guard eventually, until we find one. During that time, be careful..."

There is silence. Just silence. Not the awkward but a silence that makes a chill tingle down your spine...

"Um... Okay... I will be careful..." I respond as I break the silence...

Cautiously, I step away whilst glancing around the almighty halls as if there was someone following me. As soon as she said they are probably looking for you scared me a bit. Seriously, I feel like that I am overreacting and to be honest out of all the things, what could possibly happen?