Handcuffed

The weather today was lovely. The mid-autumn breeze gently caresses my cheek as the sunlight gives off a rather weak glow. It would be a shame if I went back home without doing anything, so I decided to take a nice walk around the town after the long hours of school. With the motive of trying to familiarize myself with the town, I went walking around town, locating where the mall was, the hospital and such. 

Suddenly, I heard a surprised gasp and instinctively turned to look. Someone, supposedly a thief was running down the sidewalk shoving people away while holding to what I assumed to be a stolen hand bag. Behind him was a young man, who seems to be around my age, with chin length glistening brown hair was chasing after the him. The young man soon cornered the thief and took out his handcuffs, about to arrest him when a scream from the other side caught our attention. We both turned at the direction of the scream, with the distraction, the thief seized his chance, took the handcuffs and cuffed me and the young man together, and he immediately ran away. 

Shocked and stunned by this action, both of us stood frozen at the sidewalk. I broke out of the stupor first and got a closer look at the young man, I realised he was the infamous high school detective, Akechi Goro. He was brought back to earth when I called out to him to uncuff us, to which he replied with nervous laughter whilst sheepishly rubbing his neck. He told me he did not have the key and he had to call his Senpai in order for us to get uncuffed. Unbelievable, I sometimes wonder how this man managed to become a detective in the first place. The young lad went to the same school as my friend and from time to time I find that he would stare and observe me when I was in his line of sight. This was probably due to the rumours and the reason for me attending school. I noticed his gaze but I said nothing of it and brushed it off as just his detective work, but they would get more frequent as time goes on. This young man has seemed to have taken an interest in me. 

Since we have to wait for his senpai to arrive, we would just sit down at a nearby bench and wait in awkward silence. My friends soon came by and was surprised at our current situation, I honestly wouldn't blame them considering this is a pretty awkward situation, with our hands cuffed together. We explained our situation when they asked, with Akechi adding a remark saying we would spend more time together now. I resisted the urge to kick him at that moment, it took quite a bit of mental strength to do that. I guess we just have to wait a little while longer. Together. It's going to be a long day for sure.

_bS3ʽ