Elliot 1

I'm not going to lie.

I like Elliot. He's nice, funny, sweet, cute, all the cliche things a girl would say when she's dumbstruck over a guy. Elliot's pretty talented too. He plays a few instruments, he can sing, can unexpectedly cook, and paints and draws really well. In fact, one of the drawings he made (it's a drawing of a lioness flying with all these mechanical thingies helping it fly. It's hard to explain but it's a superb drawing, I tell you) has a tattoo version on my left upper arm. He's a great guy, indeed. A little too great for me.

We met at a local pub 2 or 3 blocks from my apartment. There was this show happening in there and I thought that, well, I wanted to hear new bands just for the hell of it. I wasn't really planning to interact with anyone at the venue but then this guy standing around 5'9 and a half, who was standing a few inches from me randomly started to talk about the current band performing on starting.

"They sound okay. If only the singer would just stop trying so hard to sing and act like Alice Glass.." the guy sighed.

I wasn't really going to respond to what he said but the Alice Glass referrence to the singer just made me do so. "Hey, don't hate on Alice. The girl's just doing what she has to do."

"And that is?" random guy who knows Alice and probably listens to her band asked with a raised brow.

"To conjugate eclectic electronic music and vocals with unbearable, questionable, tiresome, crazy onstage movements." I replied.

"I couldn't agree no more." he glanced down at me and continued. "Nice tattoos, by the way. I seldom see scrawny women get big tattoos of sharks and odd-looking purple skinned humans that cover most of their arm. Most of them get tattoos of a butterfly or a heart to symbolize their sweetness."

I let out a chuckle. "If you're trying to compare me to those lightheaded, Disney stars then wow, uh, I might actually just give you a roundhouse kick."

"Whoa, you're pretty rough..I like that. Elliot, by the way. Elliot Parks."

And that's where it all started. Well, not really. We talked more after that, got each other's numbers and only got to see each other 3 weeks after I realized I have him on my contacts. Ever since, we were inseparable...for 5 months and a half. The longest I've been with someone without any distractions. We didn't go separate ways after all those months of love we had together. It's just, Lazarus came back crawling into my head again. It's not a new thing for me. This has happened to me before. I date someone, I temporarily stop thinking of Lazarus, a few weeks or so he comes into my head again, I try not to think about him, I fail, then I break up with who ever was the person I dated. So, yeah. This thing with Elliot and I? It's about to end, unfortunately.

The cool breeze of the night slapped my face as I went outside of the apartment. I feel better now after that 4-hour power nap I had earlier. Is there anything else I can do aside from waiting for my unhealthy dinner to finally arrive along with a warm hug and maybe even a kiss? Sidewalk's pretty empty, the flkckering light from the post's being no help in trying to entertain me, and I've no plans of texting anyone to pass the time. I should probably just wait upstairs..back in my room. Where it's warm, cozy, and messy. Yeah, maybe I should. Yeah...

"Turn around, my face can't be seen in that direction you're spacing out at." a random voice suddenly spoke.

I turned around. It's him. With his intimidating smirk, the blue-gray eyes, the brown hair that's oddly styled in a quiff right now, a song lyric line tattoo on his right arm, and the worn off Converse sneakers he never replaced ever since. Elliot. He's holding a paper bag from Burger King. Oh. That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I sheepishly hug him and he responds with a peck on my forehead. I grab onto his shoulders for a tighter hug. He is so warm and it feels so good and I feel like flailing and the tingly happy hormones of mine are rising up again inside me. This isn't going to happen very soon after though. Because I'll have to rip him into pieces and throw it into the fire while pretending none of this has ever happened. Ha ha, I am such a bitch.