Friends 2

Kat told me to start a fresh new page. So I am. Starting with getting a new job. I've only had 5 jobs since moving out after high school. A cafe waitress, a tattoo apprentice for Mark, an American Apparel employee (my dream job and I quit from it!), a Subway employee (until I started getting more arm tattoos and my boss got annoyed by it), and a cashier for this local boutique that Kat told me about. I'm jobless for almost a month now. And if it weren't for Elliot and my parents who love me so much that they're paying for all my current "needs" while I'm still "hunting for a job" I would be homeless and/or dead by now.

What job should I get though? Since I dropped out of college and numerous parts of my body are covered in tattoos, my chances of getting a good paying job are low. Fuck. I should've just continued taking up filmmaking in college and ended up being as successful as those guys who did Napoleon Dynamite. I should've just had one or two tiny tatttoos of bunnies making love on my back instead of having these weird ones everywhere on me (I should be blaming my Lazarus obssession for this one but oh well. Same thing). I should've just had stayes in my parents' house so I wouldn't have to deal with all these damn rents. Or live with Elliot (yeah, that would suck too. His parents may not care about him that much BUT THEY SURE love to visit his flat and "criticize" all the "wrong" things he's been doing and that he should just quit doing art. Bungholes). I should've just...should've just. Should've just. Nevermind. There's no point in ranting about stuff I should've done when it's not going to help me find a job anyways.

Hmmm. Let me call Kat.

"KAT!" I yelled from the living room.

She came in the room 10 seconds flat. "What?"

"I need to get a job. Any ideas?"

Kat snorted. "I thought you weren't having any plans anymore since your boyfriend and parents are already paying for your resources.."

"Well, you're the one who's been telling me to start anew. And now you're telling me to just give up.." I raised a brow at her.

"Okay, okay." Kat sat on the couch next to me. "Why don't you go back to American Apparel? I mean, the people there like you. You're the one who decided to leave that place behind. You can also model for them, right? They don't look picky when it comes to models...I've seen some of their ads and girls there aren't as sky-high rocket tall as the others."

"It's because some of them are actual employees of the company. And why would I even bother aspire to become their one of their models? A lot of the photoshoots require models to go either naked or topless anyways." I finished off with a sigh.

"Doesn't matter. Besides, you're always hanging around in the apartment with nothing but a tshirt, a panty, and your unbelievably toned, tattoo-filled body. I bet posing for American Apparel only in a tank top will be an easy job for you."

I giggled. "I never knew you had a thing for me, Kat. You could've just told me that before I decided to date Elliot, you know."

Kat's eyes widened. "WHAT? I don't remember saying anyt-"

"Ssshhhhh, shhhhhhhh. Don't worry, Katy. I'll wear more- no I mean less clothes from now on for your pleasure." I winked at her.

"OH, YOU-"

Kat charged at me with her strong arms and knocked me down the couch. She started tickling me really hard. I tried to push her back and apologize but she was enjoying the fact that I'm so close to dying from laughing so hard from her tickles. This went on for a couple of minutes until we heard the door bell ring.

"I'll get the door." Kat said as she took her hands off of my waist and sprung from the couch.

I watch Kat open the door as I fix myself on the couch. She opened it and a guy appeared. He has dark brown hair, a clean shave, a newly-pressed blazer, and slicked back hair. It's Elijah. Elliot's younger brother and Kat's secret crush. It's super cliché that Elliot and Elijah are siblings who are complete opposites. Well, not completely. They're both into music and cheeseburgers but other than those, I don't think they have anything else in common.

Elliot and Elijah are close siblings, inspite of their differences. Both are open-minded, no doubt. However, Elliot isn't the kind of guy who does stuff because he wants to survive the horrors of politics, the economy, blah, blah, blah, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. He does stuff because he just wants to. He thinks it'll do him some good even when he's not looking at the risks that may come. And when he does end up failing, he brushes it off and finds other stuff he might be interested in. He's a happy go lucky person. Like me. The only difference is that he does MORE stuff than I do.

Elijah, on the other hand, is more cautious. He balances out the pros and cons of EVERYTHING before trying something out. He likes new ideas, other opinions, random thoughts, etc. But if he finds out that the cons are more dominant than the pros, that's the time where he backs out. And that's why he has zero tattoos. Zero experience in drugs. Zero tardies and absences in school. Zero debts from the bank. And zero girlfriends. I'm just kidding. He did date girls before. Problem was they couldn't handle his high maintenance life. I don't think he's high maintenance though. He just looks like he is because he's still in business school back in Manhattan. OooooooOooOOoOooOoooh, fancy.

"What are YOU doing here?" I point my finger to Elijah.

"Is it wrong to want to hang out with my brother's lover and friend?" Elijah smirked.

"We haven't had any sexual contact since we started dating, Elijah. Calling me a lover of your brother is just...stupid."

Elijah punched my hand lightly. "Come on, Oreo. Soften up. You're not ALWAYS like this. And by the way, a lover is not only defined as a sexual partner. It can also be defined as someone who's in a romantic relationship with someone."

"Whatever. Just sit on the couch and I'll get ready for whatever we're doing. Kat!" I called.

"Yeah?" Kat responded.

"Wanna come with Elijah and I? You know, do something out like a play date?" I asked her.

Kat's eyes brightened at this question. "I-I don't know. I mean, is it okay with Elijah that I come along?"

"Of course you can! I might just even call Elliot and we could go on a double date!" Elijah beamed at Kat.

If only Elijah knew how much Kat has been crushing on him.

-----

I don't know what time it is already. Everyone's having fun..including me. Going around the streets, eating fish and chips, and having no plans of sleeping. Elijah and Kat's been having so much fun enjoying each other's company. I, on the other hand, is waiting for Elliot to come and save me from these two. I'm feeling a bit out of place with the stuff they're talking about. Politics and Stephen King? Ugh. Nonetheless, night's been going fine.

"The TV show looks interesting." Elijah said.

"Really? Is there a book version of it?" Kat asked.

Elijah shrugged. "No idea. But either ways, King is just amazing."

"I'm bored." I announced.

"Nobody cares." Elijah bellowed.

"Fine, if nobody cares then.."

I grabbed Elijah by the shoulder and started to strangle him. Kat immediately responded to this by breaking me and Elijah altogether. As soon as I let go of him, Kat jumped on me and started to starngle me as well. She wrapped her arm around my neck and tickled me with her other hand. I howled and laughed at the same time causing a stir from the people passing by. Elijah just watched from a close distance and laughed along. I. Need. To. Get. Her. Off. So, while Kat continued to strangle-tickle me, I prepared myself to push her back. I clasped my fists together and turned myself arpund to face her. I continued laughing as she continued to tickle me and with "great" force, I pushed her back. The push was so hard, she tumbled down on the road. It was so hard, she tumbled down on the road and a car was fast approaching her and....SLAM.

There's blood. Blood. On the road. And her body. Spread helplessly on the cold, now bloodstained road. I am so sorry, Kat.