Chapter Two

Max's destination was the small restaurant about two blocks away. Driving into the lot, she noticed that the guys were already there and waiting for her outside of the store. Once out of the car and slightly closer towards the boys, she discovered that they altered their appearance slightly. Harry and Zayn wore beanies in an attempt to hide their signature hair whilst Niall and Liam simply tried to flatten theirs. Louis was no where to be found, and after querying, he was to be inside, getting a table.

     Stepping inside of the restaurant, Max found that it was a cozy Thai place, complete with Thai decor, such as celebratory masks and glass elephants. It looked unique to Max, who wasn't that much of Thai food person - she was more of a Chinese girl, you see - but she could stomach it. And so she did.

    After a few minutes of searching for Louis, the five found him sitting in a booth near the back. It was a four-seater, meaning someone had to sit at the end while three squished themselves onto one side. Liam volunteered to be the one, as he pulled up a chair himself and sat down. Harry and Louis took on side if the table while Zayn, Niall and Max tried to fit on the other, in that order.

    "I'm squished," Niall said from between Zayn and Max. They all looked at the blond boy, who, indeed, looked squashed. Louis had to hide a chuckle at the sight of Niall's discomfort. Max tried to move over slightly, now half-off the fake leather seat. It seemed to help, as Niall felt his lungs expand. As they all were immersed in this spectacle, a worker came up, and asked for their drinks.

    "Um, Sprite," Max said, after Liam said his. Niall asked for the same whilst Zayn and Harry both opted for tea. It was Louis who took the longest to decide.

    After decades, it seemed, he looked up, flashing the middle-aged woman a smile. "I'll have a coffee - nothing added." As the women walked away, he looked at the five surrounded him. "What?" He asked after acknowledging all their stares except Max's. They just shook their heads at his naive behaviour before splitting into their separate conversations.

    "So are you excited for the tour," Liam asked Max. She opened her mouth to respond but was quickly distracted by Harry.

    "So Max, how'd you end up as our opening act?" Max gave him a quick smile before turning back to Liam to answer his question first.

    "Yes I am. I've always loved traveling," Liam nodded in response and Max forgot about Harry's question. Neither didn't take offense, as they understood that she was one of the more forgetful people.

    As she was saying this to Liam, the other four's eyes were on her, though Louis would deny that profusely. They were taking in every word that escaped Max; they had less than a week to get to know the girl before their tour started. Each were forming their own opinion about her slowly, but for most of them, they all had the same thought about her: charismatic and athletic. She could easily start a conversation about many sports or jump into one. Also, the fact that they found themselves smiling more often whilst around her formed the principle of the former thought.

    Louis, however, had a very different opinion. The cerulean-eyed boy thought of her as annoying and immature, though he had nothing to base the latter on. Her being annoying was just because he didn’t like her. He had more thoughts about Max that centered around the fact that she was so infuriating to him. He was irritated by the way she seemed to fit in easily with everyone else - including the guys he had known for three years and most of all before Max. The thought of Max taking away the guys he had come to call his family maddened him beyond belief.

    The waitress came again, with their drinks balanced precariously on a tray. She passed them out, and set the tray onto a nearby table, taking out a pad of paper and a pen. "Are you ready to order," she asked, the indefinite pronoun "you" referring to the six seated at the table. Harry was first, ordering House Lomein, a meal that consisted of stir-fry egg noodles with a mixture of sauces. He defended it dearly, saying it reminded him of home.