Chapter 9

Hey  Sooooooo…  SORRY for the super late update

The reasons why we haven’t updated were not just because we were travelling. It was also we lost our wattpad password. Then the email account that we used for the account got deactivated. Seriously we had no idea what to do and how to manage. We freaked OUT.

That is when we found out about the wattpad help service, where we submit our problems and they get to us. Turns out they were on a holiday to and we received an email claiming how service is slow during the holiday season.

Two weeks later a miracle happened and this wattpad person contacted us and basically took two days to get back to our account. It WORKED and here we are updating. Sorry for the last cliff-hanger and hope you enjoy the chapter.

Juliet POV

“May every day of the new year glow with good cheer and happiness for you and your family, Happy New Year”

The message flashed across my phone’s screen again. I don’t get it with people, they usually never see you throughout the whole year, and they never talk to you or give a shit about how your life’s going yet they are ready to suddenly wish you a happy new year.

I put my phone back down and lay back down on my bed. Today is the first day of New Year. Of course I watched the fireworks on T.V. well Adrian made me watch it.

I randomly stare at the ceiling and the thoughts about my dad came rushing back to me.  It has been a year or more since my dad died. He committed suicide. I wished he didn’t so at least I would have someone to blame, for his death. But before he died he wrote a letter to us; a useless letter. He told us about how he loved us all including mom and how he will always love us yet he ditched us because he couldn’t handle his problems. Aren’t you supposed to share your problems with your family so they can help you?

After his death all I could think about was ‘why’. I wanted to be angry and throw a tantrum at him but he was not there to listen. He left us.  I feel betrayed but I know my mom feels more betrayed.  Later that day when the ambulance came and took his body away; Ryan found mom after several hours of searching for her, crying in the nearby park shaking and clutching her body ferociously. She saw the body before I did and ran. Since then mom has gotten so much quieter and barley talks to us or me. Ryan made her go to the counsellor but turns out she just wants time.

If there was one person who was dealing with this strongly was Ryan. He had sort of taken on the role of being the man of the family. He takes care of mum, Adrian and I. He won his surfing championship that year making him the youngest surfer to ever win. He was ambitious but winning didn’t matter to him at that moment. He trained because he was persistent to move forward and that is what he wants from me. That day I locked myself in my room and cried. I was 17 and life just got complicated and too hard for me handle. I expected my mom to come in but I guess she couldn’t handle herself so how could she handle me. Ryan came in and he told me the truth about dad suiciding, about how we can’t change that and how mom is. He told me that I needed to live my life not just for me but for mom, him and Adrian. But the thing that really struck me that he said was that time only goes one way and that I can’t drag my life on, in this one room.

My thoughts were broken by Adrian banging on the door.

“Juliet, Ryan is home from LA and he bought presents”, I could literally hear the excitement in Adrian’s voice. I know if there is one person who deserves to be happy it is Adrian. He was 4 when the incident happened and he is five now. He is just a kid. I quickly went outside and jumped on the sofa. That incident is something that wanders in my mind randomly but time and the support from my brothers have made me stronger and I do feel happy when I am with them. I guess time just doesn’t stop.

“Why are you on my sofa”, Ryan claimed coming out of the kitchen.

“It doesn’t have your name on it”, I snapped back.

I heard a ‘whatever’ but I ignored it.

Ryan bought mum this expensive bag from L.A. and he got Adrian all these Dragon Ball Z goodies. He got this book that I have wanted to read for a while, “The Fault in Our Stars” and a pastel bag.

After a while Adrian got too busy with his brand new goodies and Ryan told me all about his adventures in L.A., about how he attended this sports ceremony, the New Year party and how he was gym buddies with his friend Taylor who turns out to be Taylor Lautner. I am glad Ryan is having fun.  After all these years of training and a struggling last year, he totally deserves it. He asked me questions about how work is going and persisted that I tell him how my days were. I just told him they were GOOD.

“Juliet, I really think you should pursue your dreams.” Ryan suddenly stated.

“Don’t worry I am going to New York university next year and I am doing Commerce.” I replied.

“I don’t mean THAT, I mean your dreams of travelling and singing.”

“Ryan you know I am not going to travel alone and all my friends are going to college and honestly we can’t afford it. And I am not going to let you spend your money on me.”

I didn’t know where Ryan was going with this but what he said next shocked me.

“Juliet, I heard there is a band performing trials for back up singers in Madison square garden, maybe you should give it a try and audition”, Ryan said.

“Ryan, but I am happy being here”, I think I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince Ryan.

“Juliet don’t lie to me and please just give it a try; you are a good singer. I know it will be worth it.”

“Fine, one trial but I don’t think they will take me in. As far as I know a lot of people will try and anyways who is the band.” I seriously hoped this band was good but if they are at Madison square garden then they probably are.

“Well I was there because I was buying tickets for Avicii’s concert. You know how both of us were planning to go when Adrian is going for a sleepover and then I saw the band”, Ryan answered.

“What band??” I replied.

“One Direction”

The fun is just starting!!! This chapter is not properly edited because we really had the ideas ready and needed to update ASAP. Last year was hectic and my other half was in TROUBLE.

Please comment, read, and VOTE because this thing is our happy escape and motivationJ.