Chapter 1

Cover by _smuga_

I was cutting onions when I heard the news, a screech higher than any other sound I had ever heard coming from Liz's mouth.

"We just hit 10,000 subscribers!" The news was apparently the best they'd ever heard, I wasn't to bothered about their YouTube channel hitting 10,000 subscribers.

"Oh my god Zaynah we just hit 10,001." Both Zaynah and Liz hugged each other, I sliced my finger with the knife.

"God freaking damn it," both girls looked at me as I threw the knife to the floor. "Faaaa..."

"Charlotte can you not, we're trying to celebrate." Zaynah said raising her eyebrow, she still had her arms around Liz who looked like she was about to faint at the sight of my blood.

Rolling my eyes I wrapped my finger in a paper towel.

"I'm cooking do you want to starve?" I grumbled walking towards the sink, dumping the paper towel in it and running the cold water; I put my finger under the stream and watched it turn murky and red. I didn't register them chattering in the background, my hand hurt too much. Not only that but the onions I had been cutting were starting to make the cut sting like hell. Tears started to prickle my eyes.

"Holy shit I've got fucking onion in my cut." It stung terribly, I shook my hand violently. It didn't help. Logically I knew that it wouldn't, if anything it made it worse since it was still bleeding slightly. I was happy for my two friends, but at the moment my priority was stoping my onion cut from killing me.

As I went to get a plaster for my finger I noticed Liz take over chopping onions whilst typing away on her phone. There had already been an accident in the kitchen that day, and I was not prepared for her finger to come off. I hadn't even noticed Zaynah's chin rest on my shoulder.

"You are an idiot." She said as I squeezed down the plaster.

"Thanks babe." I spat. Liz had ditched chopping onions for leaning against the counter and typing in her phone. She bit her lip as she did, so hard that it almost looked painful. I held my finger to my lips as if by doing that the pain would slowly ebb away.

Liz's fringe fell into her eyes as she typed, it was thick and dark. I didn't know how she could see through it at times. She had a freckly  face and pale white skin. Her hair which now fell dangerously close to my half chopped onion was ombre. Extremely dark at the top and blonde at the tips. The tips that we're getting uncomfortably close to the food I was preparing.

"Liz if you're not going to cook, disappear." I groaned pushing her away from the food, I was having bad enough luck in the kitchen. I had just picked up my knife to finish cutting the god damned onions when Liz perked up.

"Done, I've just sent a tweet: 'thanks so much guys for 10,001 subscribers! For a thank you episode we'll definitely get Charlotte to do an episode!' " She looked up at me grinning.

"Hell no!" I yelled slamming my knife onto the cooking board sending half of the onion flying.

"Hell yes!" Laughed Zaynah, "ever since you were in that bts reaction video everyone wants to see you!" I shook my head determined not to be in another YouTube video.

"That was just a one time thing, I didn't even mean to be in it." Whenever they reacted to a music video I was usually in the background, but for that one video I had been watching it over their shoulders and when V, well just V in general in that video. Their audience had loved it. The twats.

"That was like our most viewed video!" Liz whined, I knew it kinda bugged them because me being entertaining in that one video had just been dumb luck. Like really dumb luck.