Twenty-Seven

Hoseok tightened the scarf around his neck and opened the front gate to his house, not bothering to care for the poor door when he swung it opened and announced his arrival.

He slammed the door and almost jogged past the empty front room and into the kitchen, where Jin was expectedly cleaning the dishes in the sink. The older looked up briefly and smiled, dropping his head and continuing his activity.

"Good day at school?" He asked, and Hoseok noticed he sounded tired.

Hoseok pulled one of the dining room chairs out noisily and slumped down, suspiciously taking extra care as he put his rugsack onto the table, making Jin raise an eyebrow, considering the slamming about he has already been doing with the door and with him shaking the whole house.

"Nah." Hoseok simply said, smirking. Jin turned around and leaned against the counter, blindly reaching for a tea towel and drying his hands. It was only temporary eye contact that was made with the younger before he started drying the plates and cutlery.

"Oh?" Jin said simply, "Bad day or...?"

"Wasn't there." Hoseok smiled, lifting his elbows up on the table and resting his chin on his hands.

"Really?" He hummed, signalling a hint of 'you better not of skipped school' that Hoseok missed. "And why was that?" Jin reached up to put some plates in a cupboard.

Hoseok opened his bag onto the table and started to rummage through the things bag, going unnoticed by Jin who was already getting bored from the silence.

Jin sighed. "Well, regardless, I've been looking everywhere for a school for Taehyung, he's been really depressed all day that he can't see you, I can't do much but tell him to suck it up but... I can't do everything can I? Well, I heard about a school close by and they're willing to take him which is good, he just needs to agree is all...-" Jin turned around and raised an eyebrow at Hoseok, watching him pull out a little box from his bag.

"Hoseok, are you listening to me?" His eyes flickered down to the box in his hands before he lost interest and met with Hoseoks.

"Yeah, hyung. But look."

Jin sighed, putting down the towel and sitting in the chair opposite Hoseok. "What is that? And why weren't you at school today?"

"I went to the outskirts of Seoul. They have this beautiful jewellery in this small village-" Hoseok rambled.

"Woah woah woah woah..." Jin interupted. "Why did you travel out the city? And what do you think you're doing cutting classes?"

Hoseok continued smiling. "I had to, they were the last ones in stock, look."

He took Jins hand in his and stuffed the small velvety brown box into his hands, silently ushering him to open it. Jin looked down at the box, before back up at Hoseok and sighing.

Both of them turned their heads when the kitchen door open, revealing Yoongi who was still in his boxers. He didn't account his friends with more than a nod just before walking past them and shuffling towards the sink.

Jin opened the small box, not thinking of anything more than the shout that Hoseok was going to receive after finding something stupid inside. It was enough that Taehyung wasn't going to school, and now Hoseok was ditching to some unknown area and not going to school either. Jin just wasn't ready to be paying an absence bill.

Inside what something that shocked Jin, even know there wasn't many possible options to start with, but before he could even react, a sound of pure exclamation made them both jump.

"Holy fucking sHIT!" Yoongi shouted, apparently appearing right next to Jins ear as he peered over his shoulder. "You're fucking getting married?!"

Jin barley knew what was going on, but quickly realised that it was obviously supposed to be a secret and hushed Yoongi alongside Hoseoks more angry ones. When Yoongi settled down and rested against the back of Jin chair, awaiting some explanation from Hoseok.

"No you idiot." Hoseok finally hissed, watching anxiously as Jin took one of the two rings from the case. He lifted it up and he awed slightly at how pretty they twin rings were. It was a flat golden ring with an embedded circle of diamonds around it too, not to mention there was writing engraved in the inside saying 'I love you' in English.

Jin lowered the ring and looked past it at a smirking Hoseok. "What's going on...?" Jin muttered carefully. "You're not going to-"

"Propose? No. Well... Kind of." That dumb smile of his never dropped.

Jin put the case down and Yoongi snatched it up quickly, Hoseoks eyes following him now. "Hoseok listen. This is cute and all but are you really in any position to make this kind of commitment to anyone? You're barely out of highschool and you're wanting to get..." He whispered the word like it was taboo in this situation. "Married?"

Hoseok was about to correct him but was quickly interupted again and shut his mouth. "Also, I don't have the type of money to keep you out if school. Can you like never do that again please. Not without my position anyway."

"Hyung, I'm not marrying anyone." Hoseok smiled. "It's a promise ring."

First, Jins eyes widen. Then his face relaxed, trying to understand. Then he smiled slowly. "Oh." He muttered. "Oh! Well that's not so bad." He reached over and hit Hoseok over the head regardless.

"Don't you dare ditch school again. Understood?"

Hoseok nodded, raising his head and watched Yoongi test the metal ring against his teeth, biting down on it pointlessly. "Fucking hell hyung, stop." Hoseok mumbled. He reached up and snatched the things from him, and put them in the box before closing it up.

"Why you proposing to him anywa-" Yoongi stopped and his face lightened into a mischievous smirk. "Oh, I see, that way you can get down on your knees so your already in position to-"

Hoseok kicked Yoongi in the stomach from his position on the chair and he went tumbling backwards. "I'm wounded" He whispered dramatically, purposely falling hard onto the ground. Jin didn't even tell him off.

Hoseok cleared his throat. "No. It's because I need him to know that I really do love him. Alot of shit has happened and I wanted to give him this to know that we'll always make it through you know? So we've kinda got a part of each other, wherever we go." He smiled triumphantly, just in time for Yoongi to get up and shuffle over to Hoseok.

Things were quiet for a long while, the moment lacking Jins opinion as he watched Yoongi lean closer and closer to Hoseoks ear.

In what felt like an age, Yoongi moved up to Hoseoks ear, lifted his hand and cupped it around his mouth.

"That's gross."

Hoseok was ready to swing for him, but he was already running away in his boxers and out the kitchen door. Jin couldn't help break a smirk hearing Yoongi and watching him sprint out before he gets a slap.

"Don't listen to him, Hoseok." Jin sighed. He stood up and rest his hands and the younger boys shoulders. "It's really cute. He's going to love it."

*****

lame